• Pitbull
    • Bulldog
    • Rottweiler
    • German Shepherd
    • Doberman
    • Sarplaninac
    • Chinese Sharpei
    • Other (Specify)

Please vote!! I've heard like bulldogs and pitbulls when they bite their jaw locks and you have to put a stick or something to take it apart. So I believe they're very very strong. I heard that Sarplaninac can beat 3 wolves when fighting against them at the same time. That's hell of a dog. lol. But I think rottweiler is strongest dog.

Here are pics:

PITBULL

pitbull.jpg

BULL DOG

bulldog.jpg

ROTTWEILER

rottweiler.jpg

GERMAN SHEPHERD

bigjed.jpg

DOBERMAN

doberman-outside4closestrait-crop-sm.jpg

SARPLANINAC

sarplaninac.jpg

CHINESE SHARPEI

zorro-01.jpg

the south african boerboel is pretty strong...so are newfoundlands

our boo boo was really strong....he was just a little guy but he wasn't afraid to go after big dogs :wub:

Based on just looking at those pictures, the doberman looks the strongest (and meanest).

My dad and a friend of mine own a Rottweiler each, and if anything, they would kill a human by licking it to death.

I'd pitch my cash on the Japanese Tosa everytime. I saw one once when I took my GSDXRottie to the kennels. It was waiting collection as it had to be sent out of the country.

Tosa Images

"This breed is NOT permitted to attend any KC breed Show.

No further imports are allowed on order of the M.A.F.F. and all stock in the country are to be castrated and registered under the Dangerous dogs act. This means they must be on lead at all times and muzzled in public!

This despite the fact no Tosa has been found guilty of biteing[sic] in the UK ." -Source

When I saw it, it was hanging from a tractor tyre, with it's teeth! Magnificent dog, for sure!

Edited by SniperX

Pitbulls look just evil.

I didn't even know sharpei's were vicious? Are they? They look like big roly teddy bears!

The SARPLANINAC doesn't look cranky either, just huge! (never heard of that dog before)

I'd have to say the pitbulls and dobermans look the nastiest.

As for which one is stronger, I have no idea :unsure:

i don't know if i'd say dobermans are the strongest (my dad had one for six years or so), but my god... they're FAST... he lived alone and had to keep the doberman in a pin during the morning/afternoon, but when he got home, he'd open the gate and that dog took off like a rocket to run around on the 100+ acres he had

my vote goes to other - mastiffs can be enormous and even though i consider myself a fairly stocky/solidly-built guy, i've been knocked off my feet by my cousin's mastiff several times. having a muscular 170lb dog rush you and jump into your chest is a very interesting experience.

German shepard, those things are pretty badass. Not the biggest, but they are used by the police. One of my neightbors had a pair of GS mixed with a smaller, faster dog (maybe a Greyhound, but if not a dog like that). Used to chase us when we rode by on our bikes, even flying down hill the things would be nipping at our heels the whole way.

mastiffs are very strong, as strong as any on that list i'd suspect. great danes are huge and can drag you behind them if they run after something :ninja:

i would say a rottweiler is the strongest dog.. we had one and she was very nice to us and to the people we introduced her to .. but she was very protective if she didn't know them

As said first, the South African Bperboel is very strong, its partially mastiff. There are dogs stronger than those on the list, but you seem to be asking whats the fiercest and violent? ;)

• 1 year later...

without doubt,i am sure, that the rottweiler is the strongest dog in the world .

i have a rottweiler and it entered several battles against severals kinds of dogs (doberman,GS,rottweiler,great dane) it won all i swear although one of the dogs he fought was bigger in size and age and was taking amino acids.

the guardians of the governor's house are terrified from it :D

so the rottweiler is the strongest dog in the world

• 1 month later...

Sorry but the Japanese Tosa Inu is the strongest and toughest dog in the world.

Second is the American Pitbull Terrier.

Google it if you don't believe me.

Sorry but Pitbull is not the second most powerful dog...I read on the webpage that there is a misunderstood sentence in an article,that's why people think that Pitbull have 1800 psi jaw pressure...A real test,which includes Pitbull,German Shepherd and Rottweiler showed that Pitbull has the least jaw pressure of them...

Sorry,but 1800 psi is just a myth,pitbulls don't have the strongest jaw nor the second sorry...

Look at:http://www.understand-a-bull.com/PitbullInformation/Urbanlegends.htm if you don't believe me...

About Tosas,Tosas don't actually bite each other,they wrestle,they are wrestlers,so saying that it is the strongest dog,i have doubts...

"Pit Bulls have a 1800 PSI Jaw Pressure. Wrong again. Working with author Karen Delise (Fatal Dog Attacks) we have researched the references used for this data and have found there is no factual research to support this claim. This myth stems from an article published in the 1989 The Journal of Trauma "Mauling by Pit bull Terriers: A Case Report" by Bret R. Baack, M.D., John O. Kucan, M.D., Gerland Demarest, M.D and E. Clyde Smoot, M.D. On Page 519 it states: "Pit Bulls bite with greater force than most dogs (up to 1,800lb/in2) (4).

Reference (4) cited for this fact is: "Dog bites in children: Epidemiology, microbiology, and penicillin prophylactic Therapy but Douglas A. Boenning, M.D., Gary R. Fleisher, M.D., and Joesph M. Campos, PhD.

However, neither the topic of bite pressure nor pit bulls is addressed or even mentioned throughout the entire article.

This case report is promoted by many people as fact, yet it's not substantiated anywhere.

On the other hand, here is scientific evidence proving this myth is an urban legend:

Dr. Brady Barr of National Geographic (Dangerous Encounters: Bite Force, 8pm est 8/18/2005) ? Dr. Barr measured bite forces of many different creatures. Domestic dogs were included in the test.

Here are the results of all of the animals tested:

Humans: 120 pounds of bite pressure

Domestic dogs: 320 LBS of pressure on avg. A German Shepard, American Pit Bull Terrier (APBT) and Rottweiler were tested using a bite sleeve equipped with a specialized computer instrument. The APBT had the least amount of pressure of the 3 dogs tested. "

Sorry but Pitbull is not the second most powerful dog...I read on the webpage that there is a misunderstood sentence in an article,that's why people think that Pitbull have 1800 psi jaw pressure...A real test,which includes Pitbull,German Shepherd and Rottweiler showed that Pitbull has the least jaw pressure of them...

Sorry,but 1800 psi is just a myth,pitbulls don't have the strongest jaw nor the second sorry...

Look at:http://www.understand-a-bull.com/PitbullInformation/Urbanlegends.htm if you don't believe me...

About Tosas,Tosas don't actually bite each other,they wrestle,they are wrestlers,so saying that it is the strongest dog,i have doubts...

I didn't mention biting pressure.

You have left out two dogs that pound for pound have very few rivals ANY place in the world!

1: The English Bull Terrier (Not to be confused with the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, also an incredible and brave animal! ) They can weigh up to 45 kgs

2: The South African Boerboel: Height: males 25-28 inches (64-70 cm.) female 23-25.5 inches (59-65 cm.) Weight: 154-200 pounds (70 and 90 kg.)

Edited by toejam

Ok Kerm,then my message was for people who thinks pitbull has the strongest bite pressure...

Also i noticed that i didn't tell which is the strongest dog in my opinion...I think i should watch real dog fights between different breeds,then i might have a conclusion,because people were saying that pitbull is the strongest dog cause it has the most biting pressure,so i can't believe everything i heard in google...

If you are talking bite pressure i'm pretty sure it's a pitbull

here is a good article about 2 pitbulls that were let loose after hurricane Katrina

The ran into a bull that was also freed by the hurricane

I believe one dog was killed by the bull the other shot by the police

if anyone can find an english version of the article please post it. the only one that I found was in russian

this could also be a hoax too, I haven't tried to verify it

neat pics though

Bull vs. Pitbull

In terms of pure "strength", i'm leaning towards the Mastiff.

I do know that a British Bulldog is renowned for its bravery. (not its fierceness). It wont attack you out of anger, but an elephant could try to attack its master and that dog wont back down a lick.

Pure stubborn. But then again, it's british! :)