• Pitbull
    • Bulldog
    • Rottweiler
    • German Shepherd
    • Doberman
    • Sarplaninac
    • Chinese Sharpei
    • Other (Specify)

Also,what kind of strength do you mean by saying "pitbull is the second strongest dog"?I mean,a dog's weapon in a fight is their jaws-this is their strength,if it is not the breed which has the strongest jaws,then how can they be the second strongest dog?Sorry but i really couldn't understand this point,what kind of great strength do pitbulls have?

I watched a St. Dane (cross between St. Bernard and Great Dane) pull an old Chevy truck while it was in park with the emergency brake engaged. My best friend, his dad, my dad, and I were all sitting on it while Brutus (the dog) did it. He weighed about 200 - 225 pounds and every bit of it was muscle.

Now as to how hard he could bite, I couldn't tell you. But he did pull about 5750 pounds about a foot in just about 3 seconds.

I can't believe nobody has talked about a Saint Bernard. They are pound for pound up there with the Mastiff. They are definately stronger than a Rottweiler.

If you ask me, I'd say Rhodesian Ridgeback, a much less known breed. Don't ask us how, but we ended up with a puppy through one very weird uncle. Apparently they're used to hunt mountain lions, ours was 150lbs full grown, and was more than enough to send me flying and break my arm when he took off after a freaking butterfly. Not only that, they run extremely fast as well, would rather meet face to face with a mountain lion rather than an agressive ridgeback.

Edit - One off google images

RhodesianRidgebackDSC00094.JPG

Another Edit - It's other name is "African Lion Hound"

Edited by SaguratuS

without doubt,i am sure, that the rottweiler is the strongest dog in the world .

i have a rottweiler and it entered several battles against severals kinds of dogs (doberman,GS,rottweiler,great dane) it won all i swear although one of the dogs he fought was bigger in size and age and was taking amino acids.

the guardians of the governor's house are terrified from it :D

so the rottweiler is the strongest dog in the world

I'm not sure if you are saying you set it to fight on purpose or it's just happened, you are either sick or pretty irresponsible for letting your dog get in those situations, as well as wrong as it isn't the strongest dog in the world. :no:

IMO the Labrador is the strongest dog. IT combines loyalty and strenght and can defeat anything.

My labrador has protected me and my family from 2 Alsations (he bit the neck of one and the other ran away) another time against a pitbull fighting dog and many more. Labradors will stand their ground and defeat any dog it likes if it is loyal enough. Also my labrador must be very strong as he has jumped off 2 stories and not died, he didnt even break anything

i had to vote german shepher cause i have 2 of em and they are very strong at times. the male is 2 years old and weighs 100+ pounds. he about drug my mom after he took off toward the fence over by our neighbors. but my dogs are afraid of everything and everyone. its kinda sad.

I've had a few German Shepherds. A few things I've seen them do:

Clear an 8 foot barbed wire fence with one jump, and then clear it again coming back.

Bite straight through an adult human's thigh (cracked the bone in half). German Shepherds can apply over 700PSI with their jaws.

Run 32mph for 10 min straight.

Fight 3 adult black labs (3vs1) and win.

The list goes on. These are amazing dogs and I'll never own anything else. If you take the time to train them, they're amazing family dogs, nice to everyone etc... but when you give them the attack command, they become your worst nightmare. It's all about the training. If you're going to get one, get a real German one, not an American one. The American German Shepherds tend to have hip problems later in life. Expect to pay $1k+ for a good German puppy.

BTW anyone that says pitbulls or rotwillers are "evil" or "mean" dogs, blame the owners, not the dogs. If you take the time to train those dogs (although they take more work to train than, say, a German Shepherd) they're awesome.

Peace,

Pete Zaria.

If you are talking about biting power, then it is between a Pitbull and a Bull Mastiff.

If you are talking sheer overall power, then it would be a Newfoundlander.

:whistle: HEEEEEEEEELLO arnt yall forgeting about the american bulldog... the pitbull's cousin. right now on over all strength in the NKC the champion is a American bulldog and can out pull anything. But for size wize i think pitbulls got that i sall a 30-40 pounds pull 8000+

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my experiance.

I have been bitten by routewiller and it hurts.

Pit bulls are killers.

Many people in portland oregon and vancouver WA are killed or serverly injured by pit bulls every year

• 6 months later...

I have a question. Is there anyone that can say: "I've been bitten by every single type of dog in the world, and the strongest (bite) of all is; "........."?

The scientific and proven facts vary on the specific dog, not always as a generalized breed. I've seen a 30lbs dog savagly shred things to nothing but fleshy mush, and I've seen 150lbs dogs cower, flee or submit, even at the cost of it's own life.

It is well known and fact (in most cases) that; the Pit Bull has a higher pain tolerance, and is apt to have a tendancy of an aggressive nature towards other animals. The Chihuahua is a one owner dog, dislikes small, rowdy children, is very territorial and is far too brave for it's own good, (general "nasty dispositions".) And Jack Russels are high-strung, energetic and easily excited.

What poses the most thread is the owner. Any dog that is exposed to aggression, abuse or violence, or trained to act as such, is the biggest threat. This is how and why the Pit Bull has such a notorious reputation. People seeking a "bad-ass, mean, vicious" breed, then treating it as such. In any case of random dog attacks or ill-disposed canines, one must first look at it's owner/training and home-life. There, your answer is usually found.

All dogs have amazing will-power, adrenalin and drive. They are a loyal and very stubborn creature.

Your biggest worry and concern as to the strongest breed should be of the one that is attacking you! Bottom line.

When I was about 5 years old, I went to my old house. My neighbor across the street always used to let us hop his fence and pick fruit from his fruit trees. I realized that he not longer lived there when two pitbulls came out of no where and started after me. Jumped the fence barely. I could have been seriously messed up :(

I can't believe nobody has talked about a Saint Bernard. They are pound for pound up there with the Mastiff. They are definately stronger than a Rottweiler.

July 21, 1978 in History

Event:

World's strongest dog, 80-kg St. Bernard, pulls 2909-kg load 27 m

Please vote!! I've heard like bulldogs and pitbulls when they bite their jaw locks and you have to put a stick or something to take it apart. So I believe they're very very strong. I heard that Sarplaninac can beat 3 wolves when fighting against them at the same time. That's hell of a dog. lol. But I think rottweiler is strongest dog.

Here are pics:

PITBULL

pitbull.jpg

BULL DOG

bulldog.jpg

ROTTWEILER

rottweiler.jpg

GERMAN SHEPHERD

bigjed.jpg

DOBERMAN

doberman-outside4closestrait-crop-sm.jpg

SARPLANINAC

sarplaninac.jpg

CHINESE SHARPEI

zorro-01.jpg

the strongest recorded dog bite is the rottweiller over320lbs...german shepard next.. then the pitbull..check it out at yahoo

Please vote!! I've heard like bulldogs and pitbulls when they bite their jaw locks and you have to put a stick or something to take it apart. So I believe they're very very strong. I heard that Sarplaninac can beat 3 wolves when fighting against them at the same time. That's hell of a dog. lol. But I think rottweiler is strongest dog.

Here are pics:

PITBULL

pitbull.jpg

BULL DOG

bulldog.jpg

ROTTWEILER

rottweiler.jpg

GERMAN SHEPHERD

bigjed.jpg

DOBERMAN

doberman-outside4closestrait-crop-sm.jpg

SARPLANINAC

sarplaninac.jpg

CHINESE SHARPEI

zorro-01.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Are you people dumb or just ignorant or just only listening to the myths that a "pitbull terrier is most dangerous dog in the world"..... :wacko: First of all, the PITBULL is the most Famous FIGHTER dog in the world and not even the strongest, Pitbulls JAW is NOT the strongest.. it actually has a normal Jaw Pressure for a dog ( 250 lbs)... And its NOT locking its jaws!!! Jesus christ.... of course a Dog locks it jaws when it bites something!! Even YOU can do that....

BUT I WILL BRAKE IT DOWN FOR YOU ALL.

There is only ONE scientific proof of an Animals Strength and this was done by a Professor DR.BARR. Read AND CRY PITBULL LOVERS... I actually saw this on TV on Animal Planet, 3 of the most potential strongest in the world Dogs were tested, the APBT (American pitbull terrier), the German Sheperd and the ROTTWEILER. The Rottweiler had the strongest BITE FORCE with 380 LBS!!! The German Shepperd had 320 LBS and the APBT had 260 LBS..... the Proof is here:

Dr. Brady Barr of National Geographic (Dangerous Encounters: Bite Force, 8pm est 8/18/2005) ? Dr. Barr measured bite forces of many different creatures. Domestic dogs were included in the test.

Here are the results of all of the animals tested:

Humans: 120 pounds of bite pressure

Wild dogs: 310 lbs

Domestic dogs: 320 LBS of pressure on avg. A German Shepard (had 320 lbs), American Pit Bull Terrier (APBT)(had 260 lbs) and Rottweiler (HAD 380 LBS) were tested using a bite sleeve equipped with a specialized computer instrument. The APBT had the least amount of pressure of the 3 dogs tested.

Lions: 601 lbs

White sharks: 610 lbs

Hyenas: 1014 lbs

Snapping turtles: 1025 lbs

Crocodiles: 2550 lbs

I mean, cmon!! Look at a full bred American Rottweilers Jaw from in close, it would Crack a Pitbull in 55 Pieces........ besides, these dogs are MASSIVE, big dogs, with pure muscles and OVERALL i would say a Rottweiler is the strongest dog, OVERALL Strength. But a ST. Bernard is the strongest Weight Lifter, if thats what you mean with "strength"

Rottweiler-1.jpg

rottweiler.jpg

Edited by damage^