• Pitbull
    • Bulldog
    • Rottweiler
    • German Shepherd
    • Doberman
    • Sarplaninac
    • Chinese Sharpei
    • Other (Specify)

i once had to go to the scene of robbery, and it was in a mechanics yard. i got out of the squad car, and this Rottweiler came running at me, and then just stopped all the sudden. it's neck was chained to the body of an old car. it then carried own moving towards me albiet a lot slower, dragging the body of this car with him. the owner of the garage said to me, "that just stops him from getting over the fence."

• 6 months later...

Humm...i thought that the Doberman was tha killer maxine of dogs...

Didnt they used it in the military or something like that? :alien:

Strongest in Strength, no doubt Saint Bernards. used to have to tie up 2 of em with Airline cable... and they still broke it. Strongest bite is Rottweiler.

Ok First Off there are some factors involved : Dobermans shouldnt even be on this list... they are great guard dogs but are not built to fight or to pull. When you are talking about strength comparing a doberman to a Tosa is like comparing a UFC fighter to a rent a cop. I have had dobbies and I love them they are beautiful and would totally recommend one if you have children and are looking for a good watchdog. I have also had a rotties they are very strong, but not nearly as strong as a douge de bordeaux (i currently have) there is really no comparison. OUr rotty was about 120lbs lean and very strong he was easy to manage though when he pulled. Our DDB is so much more powerful and feroucious. A better guard dog also. No one can come near my home. But I guess a lot falls on the breeder, how the dog was raised etc.. And as far as fighting dogs. A tosa, and apbt are by far the top. There are some wierd spanish fighting dogs out there also. But a boxer, dobby or even rotty dont even belong in the same catagory as these beasts. My friend brought his 80lb boxer over to "play" and our DDB had him pinned and by his throught in less that a second, he would have killed the boxer If we didnt grab him. DDB do not play with other dogs. And are bread fighters and guard dogs. As long as they are not overweight between 120-145 I would take the DDB over any on the list. These animals were put up against lions and bears in ancient times. Part of the Molossar Family a real worrior!

PS DDB's are amazing with children!!!

post-218870-1176730838.jpg

• 1 month later...
Ok First Off there are some factors involved : Dobermans shouldnt even be on this list... they are great guard dogs but are not built to fight or to pull. When you are talking about strength comparing a doberman to a Tosa is like comparing a UFC fighter to a rent a cop. I have had dobbies and I love them they are beautiful and would totally recommend one if you have children and are looking for a good watchdog. I have also had a rotties they are very strong, but not nearly as strong as a douge de bordeaux (i currently have) there is really no comparison. OUr rotty was about 120lbs lean and very strong he was easy to manage though when he pulled. Our DDB is so much more powerful and feroucious. A better guard dog also. No one can come near my home. But I guess a lot falls on the breeder, how the dog was raised etc.. And as far as fighting dogs. A tosa, and apbt are by far the top. There are some wierd spanish fighting dogs out there also. But a boxer, dobby or even rotty dont even belong in the same catagory as these beasts. My friend brought his 80lb boxer over to "play" and our DDB had him pinned and by his throught in less that a second, he would have killed the boxer If we didnt grab him. DDB do not play with other dogs. And are bread fighters and guard dogs. As long as they are not overweight between 120-145 I would take the DDB over any on the list. These animals were put up against lions and bears in ancient times. Part of the Molossar Family a real worrior!

PS DDB's are amazing with children!!!

i agree the ddb is the strongest dog i kno about

One time I was riding my bike down the street, and a doberman came running after me. I was pretty much scared for my life because it was almost equivalent to my weight. And what do you know, a stray german shepherd comes out of nowhere and starts fighting with the doberman, basically kicking its ass. I'd like to think he was saving me, it was definitely a miracle. So...german shepherds are stronger than dobermen from what I've seen (which is just one random fight). They're also cute. :D

• 2 months later...

the strongest dog in the world is a sivas kangal search it up on google and u will be amazed it is a turkish dog

they are used in africa to protect humans from animals such as bears lions pigs (the most viscious animals in the world pigs are so dont laugh) etc

post-234894-1187740725_thumb.jpg

without doubt,i am sure, that the rottweiler is the strongest dog in the world .

i have a rottweiler and it entered several battles against severals kinds of dogs (doberman,GS,rottweiler,great dane) it won all i swear although one of the dogs he fought was bigger in size and age and was taking amino acids.

the guardians of the governor's house are terrified from it :D

so the rottweiler is the strongest dog in the world

Michael, is that you?

It never ceases to amaze me how much people enjoy spouting ignorant statements while fully believing that they are right, even without having any proof. People love to spout answers to things they know nothing about. If you don't know what you're talking bout, don't say anything!

Pit bulls do not have some special "locking jaw" mechanism. Pit Bulls are not more aggressive than other dogs. Pit bulls do not attack for no reason.

In fact, if you want some facts (I know the concept is foreign to many of you) the dog breed who is responsible for the most attacks in the US? Labradors. But you don't see lab attacks in the news all the time, do you?

I'm sick of people perpetuating these stupid myths about dog breeds just so that they can sound like they know what they're talking about. Go LEARN instead of making up and spreading false statements about things you've never researched.

Pit bulls are killers.

Many people in portland oregon and vancouver WA are killed or serverly injured by pit bulls every year

You have any proof for this, or do you just want to make bold statements about something that you know nothing about? Why don't you read:

The Pit Bull Placebo

Fatal Dog Attacks: The Stories Behind the Statistics

Everyone in the world seems to be educated in dog breeds and such. I must've missed the memo.

No they are not. Do not confuse bold statements made by anonymous individuals for fact or objective truth. These people are not experts on dog behavior, I'll wager that not a single one of them has done any significant research on dog statistics, and I'll bet most didn't even take the time to google anything about it either.

Moreover, if you don't feel educated on something - go read about it.

Here's an article for instance from the CDC explaining that the dogs that are most likely to attack are chained, unneutered males dogs of any breed. In other words, people are responsible for dog attacks for mistreating their dogs, not the dogs themselves.

It never ceases to amaze me how much people enjoy spouting ignorant statements while fully believing that they are right, even without having any proof. People love to spout answers to things they know nothing about. If you don't know what you're talking bout, don't say anything!

Pit bulls do not attack for no reason.

Really????

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/loca...pitbull22m.html

The sleeping woman must have really been a threat to the pit bulls.

Really????

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/loca...pitbull22m.html

The sleeping woman must have really been a threat to the pit bulls.

Check the woman's story. She had a doggy door - how stupid is that to begin with? She had a dog that wasn't hers that would "come visit her and sleep in her bed at night". The pit bulls (who it was later found out were mistreated animals, and therefore the owner's fault, not the dogs') were chasing this dog (no one knows what happened between the dogs to start the fight) and she got in the middle of it.

Not to mention if you watched the video of her telling the story, there are several other things that don't quite make sense about it.

This is another case of the media portraying these dogs as savage human-killers, when in fact, they were mistreated animals who were chasing another dog that might have provoked them in the first place.

Read my link to the CDC article. The most common type of dog to attack is one is who mistreated and abused. People who want to mistreat and abuse dogs mostly get pit bulls because of their reputation. Therefore it just keeps perpetuating itself with the media's help and the public ignorance.

Lol I started this thread in 2004, it's over 3 years old.

Good, then you're the guy I want to talk to. What the **** is your problem? Who cares what the "strongest dog" is? Are you a dogfighter? Do you not understand that strength in a dog has nothing to do with what kind of companion they make?

Why not ask what the most loyal dog is? Or how about the most mild dog? There's simply no good that can come from asking a question like "what is the strongest dog?"

Good, then you're the guy I want to talk to. What the **** is your problem? Who cares what the "strongest dog" is? Are you a dogfighter? Do you not understand that strength in a dog has nothing to do with what kind of companion they make?

Why not ask what the most loyal dog is? Or how about the most mild dog? There's simply no good that can come from asking a question like "what is the strongest dog?"

I love dogs and have owned them all my life, but I'm not extremely emotional about the issue to not be able to discuss this. If this topic bothers you, you don't have to post in it. And why would a dog fighter ask Neowin what the toughest dog is? lol

Neighbours had a "{something} mountain dog". I don't fully remember the breed. Anyhow, even as a puppy, it's paws were the size of my hand nearly. Rock solid. as an adult, it could knock down the biggest of blokes without even noticing!

It was really affectionate, but just dumb as ****. In a nice way tho. Like "What the? Sorry? I kncoed down your house? Can I hug you?"