Live Tiles

On my desktop that was upgraded from W7 to W10 the live tiles simply don't work. They remain a static color never actually going live. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the offending apps a few times without success. The two apps in question are Weather and The Store.

My newish laptop has no such issue. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Is the product fully registered? As in login password, Microsoft passport etc...?

Not sure if it actually makes a difference, but I would assume non registered windows installations stop fully working after 'trial periods' expire

14 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Is the product fully registered? As in login password, Microsoft passport etc...?

Not sure if it actually makes a difference, but I would assume non registered windows installations stop fully working after 'trial periods' expire

Interesting point actually. Before upgrading the old girl to W10 I beefed her up a bit. I am able to log on to my MS account and the device is registered under my account so I don't think that is an issue.

It may be I just have to accept not having live tiles. I'm not a fan of tiles at all and as such only have six or seven on my start menu. Thanks for the suggestion.  :)

18 minutes ago, Tuskd said:

I know its a silly question. Is live tiles toggle set to ON on those apps? Does it work fine for other apps?

Yes, live tiles are turned on. The only other tiles I have pinned are MS Solitaire, MS Mahjong and One Note. I'm not home to double check but I'm sure they are set to " live " if it's an option. They are static as well but at least show a picture or the purple One Note color.

The two tiles that are just a block of my color setting are the Store and Weather.