• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Recent Status Updates

upnorth    34

If I or anyone else post a " Status Update " shouldn't the previous post only be viewble on the profile page? When tested I could more or less spam/flood that section on the main page. 

LimeMaster    15,600

Neowin expects members to have some self control. You also have the ability to create dozens of threads to fill up the Mini Spy, but no-one really does that.

By the way, welcome back! :)

• Like 2

upnorth    34
19 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

Neowin expects members to have some self control. You also have the ability to create dozens of threads to fill up the Mini Spy, but no-one really does that.

By the way, welcome back! :)

Thanks! :)

Understand your point and I also agree but I still have a strong feeling that it shouldn't be possible as from my previous experience and knowledge not just on IPB software but also from other sites/forums software. Flood or spam control can normaly very easy be managed from within the admins control panel.  Then again I'm not 100% sure if it's a bug in the hook itself or simply a setting that actually allow it as I have no clue about installed version number etc.

• Like 1

LimeMaster    15,600
2 minutes ago, upnorth said:

Thanks! :)

Understand your point and I also agree but I still have a strong feeling that it shouldn't be possible as from my previous experience and knowledge not just on IPB software but also from other sites/forums software. Flood or spam control can normaly very easy be managed from within the admins control panel.  Then again I'm not 100% sure if it's a bug in the hook itself or simply a setting that actually allow it as I have no clue about installed version number etc.

No clue. It's IPB4 after all. It seems to be missing a lot of simple features that were present in IPB3.

• Like 2