Android Play Store: it refunds when uninstalling app?

+Raphaël G.    2,371

Hi,

I'm new to Android and I noticed something I'm not used to (I was on Windows Mobile).

I bought a cheap icon pack in the Play store, installed it but then decided to uninstall after a few minutes. I then got an e-mail from google stating I would get a refund. When I now go to the play store, it's like I never bought the icon pack.

I wasn't expecting that. To me, the developer still deserves the money. I paid for it. Will I always get a refund when uninstalling paid apps?

Nashy    1,301
13 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

Hi,

I'm new to Android and I noticed something I'm not used to (I was on Windows Mobile).

I bought a cheap icon pack in the Play store, installed it but then decided to uninstall after a few minutes. I then got an e-mail from google stating I would get a refund. When I now go to the play store, it's like I never bought the icon pack.

I wasn't expecting that. To me, the developer still deserves the money. I paid for it. Will I always get a refund when uninstalling paid apps?

There is only a small window from the time you first purchase it, I'm pretty sure.

• Like 1

dipsylalapo    878

Yeah think they introduced it a while back. Believe you have 48 hours, which is still a large window. 

There are limitations and I don't believe that it applies to all purchases. Have a read of their policy here

techbeck    5,008
On 10/2/2017 at 3:24 AM, Raphaël G. said:

Hi,

You will only get a refund if you request a refund within the allocated time.  IF you request a refund, then the developer does not get anything as far as I know.

If you buy an app and then a year later decide you no longer want it, then you can uninstall it and the developer is not out a dime.