Edge is also an e-reader, and not a terrible one

Question

So I was looking around on my computer and came across some ebooks, and noticed they had Edge icons. Normally I'd just read them on my phone, never on the PC. I know some PDF readers can open them (.epub files). And I know some browsers can read PDFs. Never thought a web browser could read a .epub file, though it's probably some form or relative to HTML.

Turns out not only can Edge open the files, but it basically turns into an e-reader. You get all the normal text options. Black on white, black on tan, or white on black. Like 4-5 fonts, text spacing, and, what's that button? Next thing I know, it's reading the book out loud. And it doesn't sound terrible. It's obviously TTS, it's text to speech, but it's better than any TTS I've ever heard.

Maybe there are better ways to do this, but I didn't know Windows 10 could do it right out of the box (or whatever). Most of us use a better browser (Chrome, here) but without downloading any other software, now you know that you can have Edge read to you, while you do other things in a better browser, or in other Edge tabs.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet