Nazi-killing video game "Wolfenstein II" angers Nazis with 'Make America Nazi-Free Again' slogans

Circaflex    3,018

It's a hell of a time in America when a video game taking an anti-Nazi stance is considered by some to be too controversial. Yet here we are. 

The video game Wolfenstein II, the latest iteration of an exercise in killing virtual Nazis, has angered Nazis with an online presence because it is about... killing Nazis. 

"Make America Nazi-Free Again. #NoMoreNazis #Wolf2," reads a tweet from the video game's account, alongside a trailer for the upcoming release. 

The video is brief, just 13 seconds long, but shows heavily armored, mask-wearing, jackbooted soldiers marching through the streets under Nazi flags. "Not my America," reads the text over the top of the images. 

A certain subgroup of folks got angry online with the game-maker, Bethesda Softworks, for producing a product that thinks Nazis are bad. Many claimed they weren't angry about the anti-Nazi stance per se, but rather that the game was tapping into liberal anger. Certainly it is political to co-opt President Donald Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan, but Bethesda Softworks is hardly the first one to play with the line made famous by the billionaire Republican. 

Source: http://www.newsweek.com/nazi-video-game-wolfenstein-angers-nazis-make-america-nazi-free-again-slogan-679530

trag3dy    3,352

Proof that we're all becoming way to sensitive these days.

It's a video game. It's not real. Get over it.

• Like 7

techbeck    5,108

Boofrickenhoo.  Been killing Nazis since Wolf3d via a 3.5in floppy disk. 

• Like 7

Nefarious Trigger    6,988

These idiots, those who can't apply common sense to a situation, can't see beyond their "must be offended for everyone's sake" agenda... The irony is that they don't even realise that they are the ones who handed the White House to Trump.  Idiots.

PGHammer    239

Nefarious - it's not them per se - it's the attitude (which is everywhere) that got Trump elected - it's not unique to neo-Nazis.

Circaflex    3,018
Posted (edited)

Just look at some of these replies,

DLd-YMmUMAA3y3b.jpg:large

DLbAtWBV4AA7jCH.jpg:large

DLbAdSlVwAAmTwI.jpg

Also guys, if we can keep the Trump posts out of here unless it relates the slogan mimicked by the game. We have a dedicated trump thread.

• Like 2

Nefarious Trigger    6,988
3 minutes ago, PGHammer said:

Nefarious - it's not them per se - it's the attitude (which is everywhere) that got Trump elected - it's not unique to neo-Nazis.

I never even commented on Neo-Nazis.  The left, some vocal minority went so far left that people said "enough is enough" and moved further right than they may have done otherwise.

Jim K    9,056

Why the hell would people get all huffy and puffy over this. Obviously the game is a dystopian scenario where the Nazi's are in the US.  Blazkowicz's job is to "Make America Nazi-Free Again"

Reminds me of the flack that the "Man in the High Castle" got for their New York subway advertisements.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

TPreston    5,387

Looks like these triggered snowflakes need a safe space.

• Like 2

dead.cell    2,115

Left or right, we all hate nazis.

I realize dumbass groups like Antifa misappropriate that word to people they disagree with (including Jews), but we can't let them redefine the terms. Nazis are those wearing swastikas, spreading hate, praising Hitler, and want nothing more than the extinction of masses. Let's not fight amongst ourselves, just because some dumbass kids are playing identity politics. They are not representative of true liberals.

• Dislike 1

Rohdekill    727

So a group that leans heavily on the right of freedom of speech is now offended by that very same freedom of speech expressed in a game.

+DConnell    5,034

I'm offended that there's yet another game involving  B.J. Blazkowicz killing Nazis, and no new game about his grandson zapping aliens!

Bring back Commander Keen!

Unless ... when is this game set? It might be an alternate universe version of Billy Blaze ...

boo_star    272
3 minutes ago, DConnell said:

I'm offended that there's yet another game involving  B.J. Blazkowicz killing Nazis, and no new game about his grandson zapping aliens!

Bring back Commander Keen!

Unless ... when is this game set? It might be an alternate universe version of Billy Blaze ...

Early 60’s IIRC.

+DConnell    5,034
1 minute ago, boo_star said:

Early 60’s IIRC.

So it's probably Billy's dad.

Astra.Xtreme    2,135

Smh...  Why do people have to make everything a whiny lefty vs righty pissy fit?  Even so, I would think an overwhelming amount of people from both sides of the political spectrum all agree about our negative view of the nazis/neo-nazis/whatever.  So what's there to fight about?

Regardless, this is an imaginary game, and people should be smart enough to see that for what it is.... an imaginary game.

• Like 2

+Mando    3,664

heh good.

leave BJ alone, hes da man!

• Like 1

TPreston    5,387
49 minutes ago, Astra.Xtreme said:

I would think an overwhelming amount of people from both sides of the political spectrum all agree about our negative view of the nazis/neo-nazis/whatever.

Really they got more upset at some people kneeling during the anthem from my POV

dead.cell    2,115
33 minutes ago, Astra.Xtreme said:

Smh...  Why do people have to make everything a whiny lefty vs righty pissy fit?  Even so, I would think an overwhelming amount of people from both sides of the political spectrum all agree about our negative view of the nazis/neo-nazis/whatever.  So what's there to fight about?

Regardless, this is an imaginary game, and people should be smart enough to see that for what it is.... an imaginary game.

Nah dude, get outta here with that logic. :p I already got thumbs down for suggesting that we not let extremist groups take over our discussions.

Being sensible is frowned upon. Label everyone, dehumanize them, that way you can push them out. It's no different than conservatives who used that old hick accent saying, "IF U DUN'T LAHK DIS COUNTRY, U CAN GIIIIT OOOOUUUTT!" I live in Texas and grew up with enough of that short sighted mindset.

But yeah, eff nazis. Don't care if I get thumb downed again for saying it. :laugh:

• Like 2

HellboundIRL    143

Everyone hates nazis, except the decent ones. 

+FloatingFatMan    13,400

Well, if they don't like us shooting virtual Nazi's, we could always progress to killing real ones. I bet they'd love that... :p

• Like 2

+The Evil Overlord    17,771
1 hour ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Well, if they don't like us shooting virtual Nazi's, we could always progress to killing real ones. I bet they'd love that... :p

Seconded, and while we're at it, let's throw in Isis morons as well, for double XP points.

+Mando    3,664

come on, lets not be mean to the flowery neo-Ns

they simply dont understand, you know, with having a single cell for a brain, dont mock the afflicted, its not nice :p 

they cant help it if they clearly dont understand the difference between Nazis and Neo-nazis.

Nazis :- Indoctrinated Germanic minority who believed an austrian 1936-1945 due to years of debt post WW1.

Neo-nazis :- moronic delusional clowns who copy what they want from the above but have no actual link to them bar the name. Using it as an excuse to exhibit racist, homophobic and offensive ideals.

(sarcasm alert!)

• Haha 1

+The Evil Overlord    17,771
39 minutes ago, Mando said:

come on, lets not be mean to the flowery neo-Ns

they simply dont understand, you know, with having a single cell for a brain, dont mock the afflicted, its not nice :p 

they cant help it if they clearly dont understand the difference between Nazis and Neo-nazis.

(sarcasm alert!)

You mean when it's not their turn to borrow that brain cell?? :p

• Like 2