So I just got a 2nd HDD need a little help

So I just got a new HDD where I installed only the operating system, along with my drivers.

I am trying to ensure 100% of everything else goes on my 2nd HDD.

I did so far go to storage and select all my documents to be saved there however I had a question.

If im on the internet browsing, how can  I make sure all my internet cache and storage is going onto the 2nd hdd?

Is there a way by default when installing new programs to auto select my new D drive in case I forget to switch it?

Is there really any way I can be sure NOTHING is going to be saved to my c drive and slowing things down? I really want my c drive to stay completely clean. 

I am on Windows 10 using chrome. I basically an just trying to make sure nothing more is being saved or downloaded or stored in my c drive only my new d drive

By default, Windows assigns the OS drive/partition to drive letter C:\. AFAIK, your new HDD will get the drive letter C and the other one will be assigned to a different available drive letter. For changing Chrome profile location, you may refer to the registry instructions here and here. That's what I did when I moved my Chrome profile folder from my SSD OS drive to my HDD. I haven't found anything yet to change the default program installation path, so I always change it during installs.

The only prob with most programs / installs is, they dont like being installed on anything else but C. Unless it gives you the option during the install of whatever program

Some can also refuse to run properly if you do install it on anything else, but C

1 hour ago, John.D said:

The only prob with most programs / installs is, they dont like being installed on anything else but C. Unless it gives you the option during the install of whatever program

Some can also refuse to run properly if you do install it on anything else, but C

I can’t remember the last time I installed a program that didn’t give a choice. Office, maybe?