Google play being slow, is it me or has it been slow?

I have 2 devices that I use (a tablet and a cell) and both are being very slow to download anything from the play store. I have tried switching my phone to 4G to see if there was any difference, which it does not, so I know (or can safely assume) that WiFi is not the issue. Haws anybody else noticed google play being super slow?

its not down to play protect enrolment via playstore is it, since thats been added to the app it takes a wee bit longer ive noticed on my 3yr old handset.

12 hours ago, Mando said:

its not down to play protect enrolment via playstore is it, since thats been added to the app it takes a wee bit longer ive noticed on my 3yr old handset.

No, what I am noticing is that whenever there's an update to an installed app or when I download a new app, it takes in the neighborhood of 2 minutes at times for the download to even start, I can usually get it to go faster if I cancel the download and restart it. 

11 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

No, what I am noticing is that whenever there's an update to an installed app or when I download a new app, it takes in the neighborhood of 2 minutes at times for the download to even start, I can usually get it to go faster if I cancel the download and restart it. 

Maybe go to apps and clear cache/reset Play Services.   I have had to uninstall and reinstall play services before, tho not for a while and not on my 6p.

35 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Maybe go to apps and clear cache/reset Play Services.   I have had to uninstall and reinstall play services before, tho not for a while and not on my 6p.

OK, I'll give that a shot, I had forgotten to do that in my troubleshooting.