• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Google play being slow, is it me or has it been slow?

Recommended Posts

+jnelsoninjax    12,091

I have 2 devices that I use (a tablet and a cell) and both are being very slow to download anything from the play store. I have tried switching my phone to 4G to see if there was any difference, which it does not, so I know (or can safely assume) that WiFi is not the issue. Haws anybody else noticed google play being super slow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mando    5,117

its not down to play protect enrolment via playstore is it, since thats been added to the app it takes a wee bit longer ive noticed on my 3yr old handset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tsupersonic    1,838

Nope, no issues with downloading/installing apps. It's snappy on my S8+ on 4G and WiFi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck    6,925

Working fine here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PsYcHoKiLLa    2,381

Working great here on Oreo, much faster than Nougat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+jnelsoninjax    12,091
12 hours ago, Mando said:

its not down to play protect enrolment via playstore is it, since thats been added to the app it takes a wee bit longer ive noticed on my 3yr old handset.

No, what I am noticing is that whenever there's an update to an installed app or when I download a new app, it takes in the neighborhood of 2 minutes at times for the download to even start, I can usually get it to go faster if I cancel the download and restart it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck    6,925
11 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

No, what I am noticing is that whenever there's an update to an installed app or when I download a new app, it takes in the neighborhood of 2 minutes at times for the download to even start, I can usually get it to go faster if I cancel the download and restart it. 

Maybe go to apps and clear cache/reset Play Services.   I have had to uninstall and reinstall play services before, tho not for a while and not on my 6p.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+jnelsoninjax    12,091
35 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Maybe go to apps and clear cache/reset Play Services.   I have had to uninstall and reinstall play services before, tho not for a while and not on my 6p.

OK, I'll give that a shot, I had forgotten to do that in my troubleshooting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.