Receiving MMS as e-mail?

I've scoured Verizon's website and contacted their tech support without any actual answer. I did notice that the same problem works the other way; AT&T processes MMS from Verizon to e-mails.

So basically, whenever someone sends a MMS from AT&T, it doesn't go to my phone, it goes to an e-mail address, even if it is just text for some reason. Which is annoying.

The best explanation I've seen is that the sender had replied to my e-mail before so it defaulted to sending MMS to e-mail instead of messenger... but this is happening with everyone.

Yea, on a Pixel. I seem to recall having a similar issue on my old Lumia though.

As far as I can find, I've made sure everything is set properly. Phones are my weakest field, though, so I might have missed something.

5 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

Yea, on a Pixel. I seem to recall having a similar issue on my old Lumia though.

As far as I can find, I've made sure everything is set properly. Phones are my weakest field, though, so I might have missed something.

Understood, I withdrew as I thought I had not understood, I believe messaging settings can be found in the sms message app itself, >> settings >> default options should be topmost
(another option is to go into settings (gear icon) >> apps >> and reset app preferences, or if more extreme measures are needed, factory reset the device is also an option... last resort)