Anyone trying out the new MS Launcher?

Recommended Posts

Dutchie64    454

Hi all,

Anyone trying out/using the 'new' MS Launcher?
What are you're experiences, and annoyances?

I kinda like the concept, but find it a bit odd you cannot add your Google account. Which I use for my calender and contacts.
Or am I missing something?
Also, how can I create my own list of apps at the bottom of the screen?

 

cheers!

 

rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xahid    4,914
3 minutes ago, Dutchie64 said:

Hi all,

Anyone trying out/using the 'new' MS Launcher?
What are you're experiences, and annoyances?

I kinda like the concept, but find it a bit odd you cannot add your Google account. Which I use for my calender and contacts.
Or am I missing something?
Also, how can I create my own list of apps at the bottom of the screen?

 

cheers!

 

rob

You cannot add google account? how can a launcher block google account? its a system feature, and google calendar is already there, maybe they blocked google calendar widget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dutchie64    454

Hi,
 

If I go into the accounts option of Launcher, I cannot add a Google account. Only the MS options are there.
So the calender, that pops up when you swipe in from the left, shows me nothing.

And I still cannot figure out how to create my own set of app icons on the main screen.
So far, it has been a mixed experience.

Also, I would like to see the Next screen app integrated, so you don't have to login to your phone to see the basics.

 

rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Mando    3,355

ive been using the launcher since early beta.

 

i like it but yes, it looks for a MS account for the calendar.

exchange, Microsoft or Wunderlist are the only supported options.

On 13/10/2017 at 7:56 AM, Xahid said:

You cannot add google account? how can a launcher block google account? its a system feature, and google calendar is already there, maybe they blocked google calendar widget.

it only allows the user to pick a Microsoft account , Exchange or Wunderlist for displaying in the launchers display. Bit like an overlay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dutchie64    454

I see.
So it's a 'No' for now then, back to the stock launcher.....

 

thanks!

rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Mando    3,355
7 minutes ago, Dutchie64 said:

I see.
So it's a 'No' for now then, back to the stock launcher.....

 

thanks!

rob

nps buddy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dimz01    4

I'm running a 2013 Xperia SP, Android 4.3, on which I've somehow managed to come up with a setup that has enough features but isn't laggy most of the time.

That said, I tried using the launcher, since it showed up as compatible with my phone, but once I progressed enough to the point where I'd add an account,

the phone would almost freeze entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.