DRAM frequency versus Speed!? Help clear the ambiguity.

Hello !

Please help clear the ambiguity contained within the attached screenshots?

I wish to ascertain if this 'New purchase' really go equipped with the DDR-4 RAM or else?

Also help mine out the finer details of my new PC & benchmark the same.

Thank you.

Speccy-Revelation.jpg

Task-Manager.jpg

34 minutes ago, Jim K said:

DDR ... double data rate (1200x2 = 2400) :)

^ Right on target.

• Like 2

Please help mine out the rest of the intrinsic details as well & assist me to benchmark the same.

I would also like to add that 'Font appearance' for Web-pages is proving dismal yet again!...only Microsoft Edge is best equipped for Win 10.

Text depiction is akin to output of a sharpened pencil !

Meek & Weak font rendering ..with bleak prospects for any improvement!

That's the story for Win 10 fiasco. 

• Dislike 1

4 hours ago, saurabhdua said:

Please help mine out the rest of the intrinsic details as well & assist me to benchmark the same.

I would also like to add that 'Font appearance' for Web-pages is proving dismal yet again!...only Microsoft Edge is best equipped for Win 10.

Umm, WHAT?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, saurabhdua said:

Then you're doing it wrong. :p

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, saurabhdua said:

What is your question?  Speccy is reporting the "real" clock speed while Windows is showing the "effective" clock speed.  Both are showing appropriate numbers though.

What does Edge have to do with this?

• Like 1

font rendering in all web browsers and windows is fine here on 10, on a 1080p display, 4k display and the surface pro 4.....perhaps go see an optician?

All my supported end users on W10 in our sales and marketing dept also wonder wtf your on about :) their font rendering is used commercially, yet no single report of issues....hmm

re: the ram speed, windows and processors can adjust the ram rating to match the CPU and workload, nothing to see here, The PC rating is the highest supported ratings for the ram in question. For one its a single dimm so is running in single channel mode, dual channel mode gives you 2x the bandwidth but needs at least 2 DIMMS of the same speed and type.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mando said:

font rendering in all web browsers and windows is fine here on 10, on a 1080p display, 4k display and the surface pro 4.....perhaps go see an optician?

I've suggested that to him, in the past, on medical grounds as as well. In sincerity.