The iPhone X Factor

Recommended Posts

d5aqoëp    631

Tim: So John, how do you find our new iPhone X?

 

John: Top Notch!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
virtorio    2,424

It's funny because it's accurate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alan Turing    582

No thanks. If i get another iPhone it will be the iPhone 8S/9 whatever still has the physical home button. Whoever thought at Apple getting rid of the home button was an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.Xtreme    2,285
20 hours ago, Alan Turing said:

No thanks. If i get another iPhone it will be the iPhone 8S/9 whatever still has the physical home button. Whoever thought at Apple getting rid of the home button was an idiot.

People said the same thing about the finger print scanner and how much of a burden it was going to be.  And look were we are now.

 

We get it.  People generally don't like change, but don't bash it until you try it.  It's only going to get better as the technology matures.  When the facial sensors work at longer distances and at sharp angles, it's going to be superior to finger scanning in every way.  I give it less than 5 years until every phone ditches the physical button and scanner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alan Turing    582
3 hours ago, Astra.Xtreme said:

People said the same thing about the finger print scanner and how much of a burden it was going to be.  And look were we are now.

 

We get it.  People generally don't like change, but don't bash it until you try it.  It's only going to get better as the technology matures.  When the facial sensors work at longer distances and at sharp angles, it's going to be superior to finger scanning in every way.  I give it less than 5 years until every phone ditches the physical button and scanner.

Nonsense. I knew immediately that the fingerprint sensor was a game changer. No more having to enter in passcodes 50x a day! That made sense for unlocking, Apple Pay, sign in for other apps and so on. Face ID is no better than Touch ID and is inconvenient, doesn't work as well, potentially unsafe IR light in the user's eyes and removal of the home button which provided nice haptic feedback. I don't understand this knee-jerk need for some people to defend everything Apple does as 'progress'. Look at how many failed products they've had. F.e., the 'Smart Battery Case' for iPhone 6S, an abysmal failure look at the Apple Store reviews. Terrible product. Apple TV is a failure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.Xtreme    2,285
33 minutes ago, Alan Turing said:

Nonsense. I knew immediately that the fingerprint sensor was a game changer. No more having to enter in passcodes 50x a day! That made sense for unlocking, Apple Pay, sign in for other apps and so on. Face ID is no better than Touch ID and is inconvenient, doesn't work as well, potentially unsafe IR light in the user's eyes and removal of the home button which provided nice haptic feedback. I don't understand this knee-jerk need for some people to defend everything Apple does as 'progress'. Look at how many failed products they've had. F.e., the 'Smart Battery Case' for iPhone 6S, an abysmal failure look at the Apple Store reviews. Terrible product. Apple TV is a failure.

First of all, get over your whiny anti-Apple agenda...  Nobody here is saying anything favorable about Apple, especially seeing as they aren't the only company to have facial scanning.  Don't let your bias and emotions blow your chance of credibility...  Go complain about those things somewhere else.

 

Anyways, let me first address your statement of convenience.  The finger scanner obviously requires a button press, which means clean hands, dry hands, and exposed hands.  I live in a climate that's cold half of the year and everybody wears gloves outside.  Having to take off my gloves to unlock my phone is very inconvenient.  Facial scanning solves this.  And when I'm working out and sweating or cooking with wet hands, the finger scanner again causes a burden.  Facial scanning solves all of these.  These are common things that happen every day to a lot of people.

 

Please explain how facial scanning doesn't work as well. Have you ever even used it?

And please explain your comment about IR light being unsafe.  You do realize that IR light has less energy than visible light right?  Don't make up irrelevant lies, please...

How about you give us some truthful advantages of finger scanning that facial scanning can't solve.  The only thing I can think of is the effectiveness of unlocking the phone when sitting on a table and the facial sensors are at a sharp angle from your eyes.  I'm not sure that's even a problem now, but it's certainly easy to solve, if it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alan Turing    582

Also with Face ID you never get a chance to look at the lock screen notifications. As soon as you glance at your iPhone it unlocks and goes straight into the app drawer. Stupid!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neufuse    3,111
30 minutes ago, Alan Turing said:

Also with Face ID you never get a chance to look at the lock screen notifications. As soon as you glance at your iPhone it unlocks and goes straight into the app drawer. Stupid!

oh heck with touch ID sometimes I dont get to see notifications... pick up the device they show for a second then disappear lol have to go back to see them......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
konrick    0

And then next year, Apple releases a new phone better than Iphone X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.