Man resided in woods for 10 years because wife nagged him too much

Recommended Posts

techbeck    5,105

A British man ran away from his home and live in the woods for 10 years -- all because his wife nagged him too much.

 

Malcolm Applegate, 62, of Birmingham, opened up about his new life -- and his old one -- in a blog entry posted on the Emmaus Greenwich website. Emmaus is a “homeless charity” that gives people a home “for as long as someone needs it and meaningful work in our social enterprise,” according to its website.

 

Applegate wrote he was a gardener for 25 years and enjoyed his job until he got married. He wrote the more hours he worked, the “angrier” his spouse became.

 

“She didn’t like me being out of the house for long periods of time. The controlling behavior started to get out of hand and she demanded that I cut my hours,” Applegate wrote.

 

More....

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/10/17/man-resided-in-woods-for-10-years-because-wife-nagged-him-too-much.html

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+The Evil Overlord    17,769

(Fox news, so I'm on the fence about it)

But man I wished he took me with him :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
timster    1,336
+The Evil Overlord    17,769

^it was a joke dude

(Well, apart from fox news and the sun news)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DocM    12,772

I've done 8-9 weeks during one of my decompression walkabouts, but 10 years? That's some serious henpecked :laugh:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Mando    3,662
3 hours ago, The Evil Overlord said:

(Fox news, so I'm on the fence about it)

But man I wished he took me with him :p

thats why i have my mancave lol but tbh my other half is pretty cool and doesnt nag, but we all need our own space.

3 hours ago, timster said:

buddy, hardly pillars of the truth either of those two rags, i wouldnt wipe my rear end with either!

 

ones for brickies and sport nuts and the other is a bigoted racist publication. cant comment on the others as I do not know them.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+The Evil Overlord    17,769
8 minutes ago, Mando said:

!

 

ones for brickies and sport nuts and the other is a bigoted racist publication. cant comment on the others as I do not know them.

 

 

Fox news?

Once reported Birmingham was a no go area for non Muslims, 

Twitter literally blew up about it, the backlash was funny as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Mando    3,662
3 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Fox news?

Once reported Birmingham was a no go area for non Muslims, 

Twitter literally blew up about it, the backlash was funny as well.

LMFAO Birmingham is a lovely tolerant city of all nationalities, religions and some of the nicest people youll meet. Beaten only by Liverpool in my personal experience, but half my family are scousers so its my home from home (despite being a highlander jock!)

 

Yup im a UK hybrid, and proud of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+The Evil Overlord    17,769
1 minute ago, Mando said:

LMFAO Birmingham is a lovely tolerant city of all nationalities, religions and some of the nicest people youll meet. Beaten only by Liverpool in my personal experience, but half my family are scousers so its my home from home (despite being a highlander jock!)

 

Yup im a UK hybrid, and proud of it.

You should Google it, the memes are priceless.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jnelsoninjax    8,992

It's times like these I'm glad my other half is over 2000 miles away from me! I would've been very tempted to do something similar if we had stayed together... :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.