Doom (2016) willl not update to the latest version

I'm going to try my luck here, I am playing Doom from Steam and I know that there is a newer version available (6.6.6) but my copy according to in-game is 6.1.1, and I have tried everything troubleshooting  wise (clearing download cache, changing update priority, etc.) and it will not grab the updated copy, in fact it does not even try to get it, which leads me to believe that whatever is needed to tell Steam to update the game is not working. I have tried the Bethesda forums and have an open ticket with support, however everything that support is suggesting I have done already, with one exception: Support wants me to open a bunch of ports on the router, to which I have said no because other games in Steam work just fine. Does anyone have any other ideas?

When you say you have cleared the download cache, I assume you mean you've completely uninstalled the game and reinstalled it?

I did a quick Google and the top result was your post on the Bethesda forum. :laugh: I also found this thread though, is that also you? The last comment seems to infer that you won't actually see that the version number is 6.6.6:

Update 6.66 is just in reference to it being the 6th update since release in a comical way relating it to the number of the beast. The actual version of the game should be that long string of numbers in the game on the main menus.

Are there any new features that were introduced in the update that you aren't seeing with your version of the game?

6 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

When you say you have cleared the download cache, I assume you mean you've completely uninstalled the game and reinstalled it?

I did a quick Google and the top result was your post on the Bethesda forum. :laugh: I also found this thread though, is that also you? The last comment seems to infer that you won't actually see that the version number is 6.6.6:

Are there any new features that were introduced in the update that you aren't seeing with your version of the game?

I don't know about any new features, it's simply the fact that I assumed that it is not up to date, and I like to keep my games up to date, and the steam post is not me! ;) Yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled and the results are the same...

2 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I don't know about any new features, it's simply the fact that I assumed that it is not up to date, and I like to keep my games up to date, and the steam post is not me! ;)

Sure, I always like to have the latest version of something to experience the new features. ;)

Are you getting your information from the binary build like in this screenshot:

P1IiuTi.jpg

It might be worth asking someone else with the game if they are seeing the same information as you when they search in the console. Otherwise we will have no way of figuring out if we are looking for some mythical update or not. ;)

7 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Sure, I always like to have the latest version of something to experience the new features. ;)

Are you getting your information from the binary build like in this screenshot:

It might be worth asking someone else with the game if they are seeing the same information as you when they search in the console. Otherwise we will have no way of figuring out if we are looking for some mythical update or not. ;)

Yes, that is where I am getting my info, I just asked my roommate about it and he said he has seen screenshots with build number 6.66, so IDK if that is really the case, but it might be.

1 hour ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I don't know about any new features, it's simply the fact that I assumed that it is not up to date, and I like to keep my games up to date, and the steam post is not me! ;) Yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled and the results are the same...

in Doom check to see if you have all the MP DLC to game online with, if you do, you have 6.66. Ill reinstall mine as i know it patched to 6.66 nps, give me a shout tonight mate.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

The latest build is 6.1.1.

OK, then where are the screenshots that show 6.66 coming from? Are they fake?

19 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

OK, then where are the screenshots that show 6.66 coming from? Are they fake?

No idea; have you actually seen them though? I've had the game installed since launch and it is up to date at 6.1.1.

The multiplayer update is named 6.66 but I do no think this actually reflects the build number of the game. It's just referencing the book of revelation / pop culture. The update is detailed here. If you have the DLC and new progression / rune system then you have the latest build.