Reaction Suggestion

2 minutes ago, Raze said:

I couldn't careless if I receive a dislike.  I've even joked about it.  Why would someone be bothered, it's a simple, truly meaningless response when no reason is given. I've seen some complain, but those are some of same people are the first to slam others.  One member complained about getting multiple thumbs down all at once, yet that same person does the same to them in the threads.  Whether it's one at a time or done through your profile/posts so what.  Again it's meaningless if they can not bother to share their reasons. 

You could careful then?

/runs off 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Raze said:

I couldn't careless if I receive a dislike.  I've even joked about it.  Why would someone be bothered, it's a simple, truly meaningless response when no reason is given. I've seen some complain, but those are some of same people are the first to slam others.  One member complained about getting multiple thumbs down all at once, yet that same person does the same to them in the threads.  Whether it's one at a time or done through your profile/posts so what.  Again it's meaningless if they can not bother to share their reasons. 

I would've agreed until @MikeChipshop disliked one of my posts. It ruined me. I am crying at my local supermarket getting ready to buy tissues. :cry:@Steven P. was also very emotional because of him.

Just now, Raze said:

Still not sure what you mean.

Man, you are ruining the funny. 

Couldn’t careless means you instead could careful. Reasoning: you weren’t able to be careless, therefore you must be careful. 

It it was just a little fun on you joining two separate words ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

Man, you are ruining the funny. 

Couldn’t careless means you instead could careful. Reasoning: you weren’t able to be careless, therefore you must be careful. 

It it was just a little fun on you joining two separate words ;)

Ah I see.  lol   That is funny.  :D

:blush:   Corrected.

Thanks  :p

• Like 2

Its a quick poll to show, how many people are agree with you or not. some people don't want to reply or don't want to waste their time on explanation, so this "reaction" comes handy.

11 minutes ago, Xahid said:

Its a quick poll to show, how many peoples are agree with you or not. some people don't want to reply or don't want to waste their time on explanation, so this "reaction" comes handy.

To be honest, I do see both sides of the point of view, a thumb down or the I disagree button without an explanation does seem like trolling, it's a forum, we're here to talk/debate/help/share experiences, thumbing down someone simply because a user doesn't like them, or just to try to get some form of smug satisfaction is pretty childish. Speaking for me at least, (unless the user I've thumbed down is a complete and utter moron, and not worth the effort of a response), I try to respond as to why I disagree..

On the quick poll front, there isn't an at a glance reaction tally, so I cannot say if I agree or not.

• Like 2

As the other mods have said we have been looking at this and seeing how it affects what we're doing, because team work y'know ;)

At the moment, apart from a few isolated issues, the dislike (and other reactions) system has been working well. 

Also with the reasoning behind every reaction, do we really want a reason why people found something funny or why someone liked/loved something for every reaction? Probably not, whilst it's not as constructive, it does provide a quick way to react to post. I prefer the conversation, but I see nothing wrong with the reactions. Just remember we can't see everything that's going on within the site, so please report and we will look into these things. 

It would be nice to keep a feature, in spite of the few cases, because it's good to have something nice :D but please keep providing us with feedback!

7 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

As the other mods have said we have been looking at this and seeing how it affects what we're doing, because team work y'know ;)

At the moment, apart from a few isolated issues, the dislike (and other reactions) system has been working well. 

Also with the reasoning behind every reaction, do we really want a reason why people found something funny or why someone liked/loved something for every reaction? Probably not, whilst it's not as constructive, it does provide a quick way to react to post. I prefer the conversation, but I see nothing wrong with the reactions. Just remember we can't see everything that's going on within the site, so please report and we will look into these things

It would be nice to keep a feature, in spite of the few cases, because it's good to have something nice :D but please keep providing us with feedback!

You want us to report every thumb down? You Crazy???

That'll take months.... :p 

4 minutes ago, Raze said:

I would to suggest adding a WTH WTF or SMH Do not Breed reaction.        ;)

FTFY :p

2 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Oh my, I was trying to be polite.  :p

lol

I love Neowin.  :yes:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

One report is fine for others 

@The Evil OverlordUnless you report every single thumbs down, you'll never be take seriously.... :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

44 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

I try to respond as to why I disagree..

lol, aren't you're the one who try to respond?

10 minutes ago, Xahid said:

lol, aren't you're the one who try to respond?

Not sure I understand
My response to dipsylalapo was just me having a little fun with a friend, just as I have done in the past with you, and many others here.....

5 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Not sure I understand
My response to dipsy was just me having a little fun with a friend, just as I have done in the past with you, and many others here.....

Don't worry, I was kidding.

its like you were saying, you love to respond on every thumb down.

9 hours ago, LimeMaster said:

I would've agreed until @MikeChipshop disliked one of my posts. It ruined me. I am crying at my local supermarket getting ready to buy tissues. :cry:@Steven P. was also very emotional because of him.

I feel it may now be my civic duty to go back through recent posts and down vote you both whenever possible! :p 

3 hours ago, MikeChipshop said:

I feel it may now be my civic duty to go back through recent posts and down vote you both whenever possible! :p 

I don't think I have enough tissues for that. :o

2 hours ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

WTF addition would be great :argh:

No because WTF is more effective when you type it out. :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The feature is fine, leave it alone. There is nothing wrong with the thumbs down reaction. It's a problem with this new touchy-feely society. People need to grow a set of balls.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, warwagon said:

The feature is fine, leave it alone. There is nothing wrong with the thumbs down reaction. It's a problem with this new touchy-feely society. People need to grow a set of balls.

yep, thumbs down is even set to a +0 so it doesn't even affect your reputation score :)