Free image hosting site

Hi, I am looking for a free image hosting site which will allow me to copy the code url of the image so i can post it so it shows the pic of the image in a tech forum. There are usually a few options to select but i am not sure which one to choose to accomplish what i am trying to do. Can I get some help with this plz?

thx

1 minute ago, Bruinator said:

Hi, I am looking for a free image hosting site which will allow me to copy the code url of the image so i can post it so it shows the pic of the image in a tech forum. There are usually a few options to select but i am not sure which one to choose to accomplish what i am trying to do. Can I get some help with this plz?

thx

picload.org

Imgur is the de facto standard, it seems, but be aware they use compression that some people say is too much. It's fine for casual image hosting, though. And I don't have a better solution, so, +1 for Imgur. Just note that they will fight with you a little on getting a direct link to the image. They want you to link to their page so they can advertise to whoever looks at your image, so they can get paid. If you hotlink, you deny them that opportunity, and the more people who do that, the more difficult they'll make it. It used to be a lot easier.

what tech forum.. This one?  It's almost always better to host the images on the site itself if at all possible.  image hosting sites be free or not lead to issues down the line where images are no longer available or the person viewing them can not get to - say blocked at work, etc.

If the site your posting to allows for upload of the images to your post - like neowin does.  That would be the better option.