My Intel 2 Quad Core Q6600 is only showing 2 cores on task manager and device manager,

8 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

LOL - Oh man all this time, I never noticed I typo'd FeyNman's name.  Thats embarassing (and unacceptable) consider I admittedly have a postmortem mancrush with the guy.
(Y)

It worked! You received the message from the Alternate T3X4S

DevTech's Hacked Haiku Ode to Feynman

Feynman drops Space Shuttle O-Ring in simple

Glass of ice water swishing ice

Coldly, small time passes while standing still

Brittle breaking fragile O-Ring, a show

Both NASA Scientists and Engineers' colossal stupidity

And Feynman's genius there for all

In full reveal, but poetry of death leaves zero.

And of course we all plan to memorize every word in the classic 3:

https://www.amazon.com/Feynman-Lectures-Physics-Set/dp/0201021153

I know we have taken this off topic a bit, but I feel this is a good time to mention this:

I am asking for 2 things for XMAS this year:

An ergonomic chair for my desk

and this: (framed)
d.thumb.JPG.68d2680e03045b0dbdeab796e2121859.JPG
I'd love to have one autographed

9 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

I know we have taken this off topic a bit,

Oh but this topic is so so terribly appropriate for what we are doing.

The Real topic is unwritten, unspoken, unaware and in many cases completely unthought.

The Intel Q6600 is a quad core CPU consisting of 4 CPU cores which form a quad of cores which is 4 but noteworthy among the 4 is the arrangement of 2 cores along with another 2 cores to make a quad of cores being simply 2 + 2 equals 4 to yield a net total of 4 total cores arranged as a single summation of 2 pairs of said cores which themselves are a sum of 1 core each to yield 1 + 1 = 2 cores or in other words 2 dual cores. This duality of coreness is an important characteristic of the Q6600's design which utilizes that duality to achieve a quadality in total while at the same time retaining the distinctiveness of the duality of two.

This dualism of the Q6600 was always in heat, so eventually Intel moved to a system of 4 single cores using a math of 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 to achieve a similar quadational effect.

38 minutes ago, DevTech said:

Oh but this topic is so so terribly appropriate for what we are doing.

The Real topic is unwritten, unspoken, unaware and in many cases completely unthought.

The Intel Q6600 is a quad core CPU consisting of 4 CPU cores which form a quad of cores which is 4 but noteworthy among the 4 is the arrangement of 2 cores along with another 2 cores to make a quad of cores being simply 2 + 2 equals 4 to yield a net total of 4 total cores arranged as a single summation of 2 pairs of said cores which themselves are a sum of 1 core each to yield 1 + 1 = 2 cores or in other words 2 dual cores. This duality of coreness is an important characteristic of the Q6600's design which utilizes that duality to achieve a quadality in total while at the same time retaining the distinctiveness of the duality of two.

This dualism of the Q6600 was always in heat, so eventually Intel moved to a system of 4 single cores using a math of 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 to achieve a similar quadational effect.

Oh.  Well.  That clears it up then.

So what you're saying, is while 1+1+1+1 > 2+2, one can only achieve the former after the latter ?  Therefore, one cannot summize 4, until one attempts 4, realizing 4 is inadequate. QED - the yield of 4 is not only an extrapolation of thermodynamics, but the duality of 4:4 achieves a singularity ?

I had the same thing when i replaced my dual core with a quad core. All  I did was reset the BIOS, and reconfigured the settings. Voila it changed to 4 cores in the BIOS and in windows

But I did a clean install after that anyway, with the 1709 ISO.

51 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Oh.  Well.  That clears it up then.

So what you're saying, is while 1+1+1+1 > 2+2, one can only achieve the former after the latter ?  Therefore, one cannot summize 4, until one attempts 4, realizing 4 is inadequate. QED - the yield of 4 is not only an extrapolation of thermodynamics, but the duality of 4:4 achieves a singularity ?

Yes, the proper application of our Stenographic approach, is to recognize the unique qualities of an Intel Q6600 and how it relates to Windows 10, as well as us, the universe and everything where we acknowledge that Intel's math in the Q6600 of a quad based 4, using the dualism based technique actually sums horizontally as 42,

Once we reach that conclusion, we can hitchhike almost anything onto the fundamental base level.

For example, it is trivially obvious that once one has exhausted the location of very rare DDR2 2 gig modules in a Q6600 x4 RAM layout that often we are faced with a Windows 10 4 gig configuration which simple asks that we either devise a mod among ourselves here at Neowin or petition Intel for a functional DDR4 RAM kit to permit a 32 gig Windows 10 configuration for the Q6600 which it's fame and renown justly deserves.

4 entire cores of silicon brain cannot be left to languish away in a veteran's home as a blast from the past but can be given a new purpose by simply refreshing their memory. Other cultures, the microscope of history, digital lifeforms throughout our universe and the opinion of unbounded dimensions will judge us by how we have treated our trusted digital partners. Let us not stand idle, but instead take up our tiki torches and march upon Silicon Valley demanding equal DDR4 for all!