My latest PC build. Still a WIP.

If anything it's colorful.pc10.thumb.jpg.5a6cece298e7adfdf9ca2d6f08e89161.jpg

SPECS

---------

Corsair Graphite Series 780T Full-Tower PC Case.
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard.
Corsair RMi Series RM1000i — 1000 Watt 80 PLUS Gold Certified Fully Modular PSU.
Intel Core i7-8700K CPU.  Will be O/C'd.
Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB 4x16GB 4000Mhz RAM.  Will be O/C'd.
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING, 11G-P4-6696-KR, 11GB GDDR5X, iCX Technology - 9 Thermal Sensors & RGB LED G/P/M. Will be O/C'd.
Corsair Hydro Series H115i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler.
Corsair Lighting Nodes and 3 LED strips.
2-Samsung 960 PRO M.2 500GB NVMe PCI-Express 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive.
1-Seagate 2TB hard drive SATA6. 
Fans:
   3x120mm Corsair LL Series RGB fans for the front of the case.
   2x140mm Corsair LL Series RGB fans for the H115i Radiator
   1x140mm Corsair LL Series RGB fan for the rear of the case.
   2x120mm Corsair fans on the bottom.

Thought of going with Ryzen but decided not to.  Perhaps my next build will be AMD.

10 minutes ago, tsupersonic said:

Nice, but take off the plastic on the window panel eh? :)

You can't tell but I have a slide down panel that covers the window.:rolleyes:

Something you home PC builders might consider.  The radiator fans are under the radiator and are pulling air into the case.  I never understood why anyone would draw hot air from the case past the radiator and out into the room.  It's always hotter in the case than the ambient room temperature.  This is how a car radiator/fan works.  I suppose there might be a reason to push the air out but I haven't been in that position.

I go one step further drawing the air into the case through the radiator.  My rig is located next to a wall where on the other side is an unheated well insulated attic.  I drilled a 4 inch hole through the wall so that I could run about 5 feet of 4 inch round duct pipe through it.  I then created a box that covers the radiator on the top of the case which also has a 4 inch hole.  I attach the Duct tube to that.  So in the winter I pump cold air into the radiator which can lower core temps by 20 degrees.  Having a large enough rear fan is the key to forcing out the hot air which isn't all that hot.  In the summer I use a longer duct tube and simply place it over my air conditioner vent on the floor.  I never once had any condensation problems doing it this way.

pc11.jpg

pc12.jpg

pc13.jpg

1 hour ago, Pork Chopper said:

I never understood why anyone would draw hot air from the case past the radiator and out into the room.  It's always hotter in the case than the ambient room temperature.  This is how a car radiator/fan works.  I suppose there might be a reason to push the air out but I haven't been in that position

On that point alone, no it doesn't, it is blowing hot air into the engine bay, but it is forcing the cooler ambient air through the fins, thus cooling the coolant mix within the rad. The hotter air from the rad won't harm the engine, as it's critical components are liquid cooled, and when the car is travelling, that hotter air escapes anyway. In poorly wired (or test conditions) where the fans blow from the engine bay and out of the front of a front engine car, the water temps were hotter.

With a liquid cooled pc, most fit the rad to the rear, or the top (if the case allows it) and you can exhaust the air that way, with the amount of intake fans you have, you'd have nothing to worry about.

God you must be rich... I am on dual core 2005 and still my pc is going and I would think twice to spend that sort of money. But I am happy for you:)

1 hour ago, The Evil Overlord said:

I'm all about coolermaster :p

All I ever bought CM is their HAF cases. But the last case I bought from them, they wouldn't take my MIR. I sent it in twice. Says it's not my invoice... I lost tract of them after that.

@+The Evil Overlord

So are you saying that having the fans exhaust the case air up through the radiator and into the room would produce lower temps than blowing the air into the case.  All  other things being equal. 

Now add my cooling contraption blowing cold air into the case and through the radiator would you expect my temps will be the lowest of all the methods I stated?

3 minutes ago, Pork Chopper said:

So are you saying that having the fans exhaust the case air up through the radiator and into the room would produce lower temps than blowing the air into the case.  All  other things being equal. 

It will be minimal at best, if you have already set it up, just leave it. There were two studies done on this, many years ago, one on XtremeSystems and the other on HARDOCP, the difference was really minimal.

4 minutes ago, Pork Chopper said:

Now add my cooling contraption blowing cold air into the case and through the radiator would you expect my temps will be the lowest of all the methods I stated?

Yes, they will be lower. If you have a way of blowing colder air than the rooms ambient into the system, you should see low temps. If the contraption is pulling air from the same ambient temperature, you wont see any difference other than more dust accumulating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pork Chopper said:

You can't tell but I have a slide down panel that covers the window.:rolleyes:

He's talking about the wrinkly protective film. It's actually giving me a visceral reaction, and not a good one :rofl:

@Circaflex

Thanks for the reply.

2 minutes ago, FiB3R said:

He's talking about the wrinkly protective film. It's actually giving me a visceral reaction, and not a good one :rofl:

I think it looks kind of nice.  I keep the protective film on all my stuff.  I still have the blue film on my stainless steel appliances.

1 hour ago, mkol said:

God you must be rich... I am on dual core 2005 and still my pc is going and I would think twice to spend that sort of money. But I am happy for you:)

Yes, it's a burden I must bear.

Personally my recommendation would be to do away with overclocking (since it has zero benefit and just creates more heat). And then don't bother with your crazy duct work idea.  You have plenty of fans that will ensure it's never too hot inside there, unless your ambient temp is well over 100F all the time.  Cooler air isn't going to magically gain you FPS.

18 minutes ago, Pork Chopper said:

@Circaflex

Thanks for the reply.

I think it looks kind of nice.  I keep the protective film on all my stuff.  I still have the blue film on my stainless steel appliances.

Heathen.

:laugh:

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

@Pork Chopper

How did you install fans like that... i just bought the thermalteke riing plus fans but if i want to install them direct behind the front i cant fit the removable frontpanel... did you change something and if what and how?