Woman rings up $1,800 of goods for $3.70 at Walmart self-checkout

A woman in Indian River County, Fla., was arrested on Monday after she rung up $1,800 of high-priced electronics for $3.70 at a Walmart self-checkout, according to Sebastian Daily, Indian River County's local news outlet.
West is being charged with felony grand theft and misdemeanor shoplifting, according to her arrest record.
Her plan? Covering the barcodes of the items she intended to steal with barcode stickers of items from the clearance section and ringing them up herself at self-checkout. It’s unclear at which point West was apprehended by the loss prevention officer, who watched her and her mother pick out the items and wheel the unpaid merchandise to the exit in a shopping cart. After her arrest, she was spotted on video surveillance swapping the stickers.
“I am just trying to get gifts for my son that I cannot afford. The computer is for my husband. Since he just got me a Coach purse, I figured he deserved something nice as well,” West told a Florida deputy in the affidavit.
West’s mother wasn’t charged and told the officer, “I know what my daughter was doing, but I never walked out with anything, and she is just trying to get gifts for her son.”
West was released on $3,000 bond on Tuesday.

Source

hmm see this can work fine, but $3.70 is a bit much. If she made it all together say 1000 or something at least it won't look suspicious.

The computer is for my husband. Since he just got me a Coach purse

I wonder if her husband switch tickets for her purse. He can return it now for her bail.

Strange that you can just pick up a computer and put it in a cart at that Walmart. 

Edited by Doli