I suddenly have icons in the task tray that will not go away


Recommended Posts

jnelsoninjax

Win 10 X64 1709. For the last 2 days I am seeing at the task tray icons for LAV splitter and LAV Audio Decoder, and they do not disappear when I close Jet Audio (which they used to do) in fact last night I rebooted the system twice and they are showing up twice now in the tray, even when Jet Audio is not even running.

2017-11-09_9-23-58.thumb.png.57c73d552e74be7df9ff4910da8a4a12.png

 

2017-11-09_9-34-37.thumb.png.503162b02ada386e8f577ad83d491e69.png

I have checked the task manager startup tab and verified nothing abnormal is loading, I even downloaded Autoruns from Sysinternals and went over everything and nothing appears out of place. I know that these are part of the Codecs package I use (Shark007) and I updated to the latest version, and the issue still exists. Clicking on the icon opens the program up and there is an option "Enable System Tray Icon" which on all 4 I have disabled but it still shows up. Anyone have any ideas what could be loading these at startup and why they will not close when the media player closes?

`

Link to post
Share on other sites
PsYcHoKiLLa

Have you checked your windows services? (services.msc) to see if they've added a service that autostarts? If they have you can change it to manual. Why do you need Shark007 anyway? VLC should play anything you want to and Windows 10's own codecs are pretty damn good now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
jnelsoninjax
1 minute ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

Have you checked your windows services? (services.msc) to see if they've added a service that autostarts? If they have you can change it to manual. Why do you need Shark007 anyway? VLC should play anything you want to and Windows 10's own codecs are pretty damn good now.

Never liked VLC player that much, and I was not aware that Windows had Codecs. I really like Jetaudio for the fact that it plays all media (music and video), and I do not need to bother with different programs. Nothing for LAV appears in services.msc

Link to post
Share on other sites
PsYcHoKiLLa
25 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Never liked VLC player that much, and I was not aware that Windows had Codecs. I really like Jetaudio for the fact that it plays all media (music and video), and I do not need to bother with different programs. Nothing for LAV appears in services.msc

Yeah Microsoft even added mkv codecs in Windows 10 which work fine if you use the movies and TV app

Link to post
Share on other sites
jnelsoninjax
4 minutes ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

Yeah Microsoft even added mkv codecs in Windows 10 which work fine if you use the movies and TV app

There's the problem, I do not want to use the win 10 apps. I still prefer JetAudio as it plays every imaginable audio and video format (except blu-ray).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Athlonite

Try opening Task Manager and check the Start-Up tab see if it's set to autostart on system boot 

 

also check the LAV filter enable System Tray Icon box is unticked Also do the same for the LAV Audio Filter aswell 

 LAV.thumb.JPG.666331aadfe493999fe88ca8499561e2.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
+theefool

Did you install both the 32 and 64 bit version of the codec? (This probably does not matter...)

Do you see any running processes that relate to this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
jnelsoninjax
4 hours ago, Athlonite said:

Try opening Task Manager and check the Start-Up tab see if it's set to autostart on system boot 

 

also check the LAV filter enable System Tray Icon box is unticked Also do the same for the LAV Audio Filter aswell 

 LAV.thumb.JPG.666331aadfe493999fe88ca8499561e2.JPG

I did do this, however the issue has since resolved itself.

3 hours ago, theefool said:

Did you install both the 32 and 64 bit version of the codec? (This probably does not matter...)

Do you see any running processes that relate to this?

I have both installed, never see any process related to the filters. But now the icons only show up with Jetaudio running.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Athlonite

Well that's just weird if it sorted itself out well like I always say... Welcome to the wonderful world of computers where random ##### happens for random reasons :shiftyninja:

Edited by zhangm
Please don't circumvent the swear filter
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 years later...
xbliss

Had this happen to me and I was wondering how these Icons showed up.

 

K-lite Codec - Standard install with MPC HC x64 - When run the media player the icons showed up. But not everytime - so maybe has to do with certain files encoded with certain codecs that make it show up when played.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.