Store clerk uses unusual weapon to hit attempted robber over the head in Purcell

PURCELL, Okla. - It started out as a normal day at work at Butch's Cork and Bottle - until about 4 p.m. That's when a man entered the store and asked the clerks for money.

At first, they ignored his demands - until he got closer to the register and reached for the money. Jessica Moss grabbed a bottle of Bailey’s and clocked him on the side of the head.

“We get all kinds of people in, but we've never really felt threaten or worried,” Moss said. "We're really comfortable in our store."

That was until Dillon Lee Jackson walked into the Purcell liquor store a few weeks ago.

“It was about 4 o'clock in the afternoon, and it was shift change, and I was at the register counting it down and a guy walked in,” Moss said. "He had on a hat and sunglasses, and he said give me the money."

Moss and her co-worker at first didn't take Jackson seriously.

“I didn't think much of it, and I kept counting the money down,” Moss said. "He came closer, he came at the register and he was like, no, give it to me."

However, Jackson was serious - so much he reached forward to grab the cash register. So, one employee hit the silent alarm - but that wasn't the only thing hit.

“He was pulling on the register that way, and she was pulling on it this way, and I just grabbed a bottle of Bailey's Pumpkin Spice, and I looked at Sara and she just said hit him,” Moss said. "So, I hit him over the head with it, and he just stopped, and he backed up and he turned around and walked out the door."

The suspect didn't get far before a customer at the business next door detained him until police arrived.

“I wouldn't be afraid to hit him again, no,” Moss said.

The affidavit said he allegedly told police he had to do it, he had to rob the store and then he said he was high on meth, which cops found on him after a search.

Jackson was arrested for second-degree robbery and in possession of a control substance.

Source

3 minutes ago, DocM said:

The folks are getting tired of this nonsense and acting accordingly. He should be glad she didn't clock him with the cash register.

This is nothing new. LOL