I am going to looking for a new phone, recommendation please

2 hours ago, DevTech said:

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/LG-K10_id9838

According to that you have Bands 2, 4 and 12.

I get the impression you did not research your radio bands so you just got bat##### lucky instead of bat##### crazy!

Also, you need to be on the LTE Plan for it to work right.

I got the phone free, it works, I never felt the need to research it, it works everywhere I go, with the exception of a few stores.

56 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I got the phone free, it works, I never felt the need to research it, it works everywhere I go, with the exception of a few stores.

maybe my attempt at humor fell flat. Can't complain about FREE!

Either way, make sure you are on the LTE plan since it affects the voice bands on that network.

2 hours ago, DevTech said:

maybe my attempt at humor fell flat. Can't complain about FREE!

Either way, make sure you are on the LTE plan since it affects the voice bands on that network.

I understood your humor, I was trying to reply in kind... for now I bought an Asus Zenfone 4 off of Swappa for $50, and according to the specs it does work on the bands that I need. But in a few months time, I should be able to bank enough to purchase a new phone (it is peak season at Amazon with mandatory OT) so I think I will be able to grab a decent new phone in a few months.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I use the previous model (Huawei Honor 5x) for some software testing and it seems to work rather well.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

16 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Is the Huawei Honor 6X a decent phone? I can grab it for ~$140 from Best Buy

A friend of mine had a mid range Huawei (don't know which), and battery life was pathetic after just 3 months. Phone runs very hot too. Maybe it was a one-off device. But hey, all Androids tend to do that nowadays :p

Reminder: every phone made has variations in the Radio Bands.

You need to verify that exact model has LTE 2, 4 and 12.

Even most Hero Phones don't have all the Radio Bands.

The ideal phone would have a Radio that covers all these bands, but that won't happen, so it is important to know what Bands you need and what Bands you might transfer to while you own the phone. Adding in any possible World Travel makes it extra fun:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTE_frequency_bands

Here is a list of every Cell Network on Planet Earth and which Radio Frequency/Bands they use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2017 at 12:46 PM, jnelsoninjax said:

I am currently using an LG K10, and I hate it, the battery life is horrible and it has a few other annoyances. I have been considering getting The Nextbit Robin, it seems to me to be a decent phone and it is only $120 which I find to be very reasonable. My goal would be to stay below $150, and the only requirement is that it be unlocked and Android. I have an Asus Zenfone 2 that I need to replace the screen on and that will only cost $30, but I would do that for a backup. Please offer me some suggestions as to what brand to look for.

Moto E4. If you're in the United States by the Verizon variant from Walmart for 40$. Purchase an unlock code from eBay for $2. The handset works well on GSM and also has a near stock Android experience and a fingerprint reader. The specs are also a step above your K10. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2017 at 11:02 PM, Timi Cantisano said:

Moto E4. If you're in the United States by the Verizon variant from Walmart for 40$. Purchase an unlock code from eBay for $2. The handset works well on GSM and also has a near stock Android experience and a fingerprint reader. The specs are also a step above your K10. 

I just did that! I had to wait for the local store to get the phone back in stock (3 weeks!) but I am now waiting for the unlock code.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I just did that! I had to wait for the local store to get the phone back in stock (3 weeks!) but I am now waiting for the unlock code.

SWEET! I think you will like it and it's def a heck of deal. I think there are a lot of different cheap options but its rare to find one with a fingerprint reader. 

8 hours ago, Timi Cantisano said:

SWEET! I think you will like it and it's def a heck of deal. I think there are a lot of different cheap options but its rare to find one with a fingerprint reader. 

I hope so! I'm still waiting for the unlock code to be able to try it out, but once that comes in then I can (hopefully) toss the K10 in a tote in the shed just in case I ever need a backup phone again!