Upgrading to a 4K TV & have some questions

So I am looking around currently for a 4K TV but have noticed some potential issues. I have currently an AV Receiver which handles 5.1 audio and the setup from say the Android TV box is like...

Android TV Box > AV Receiver > TV

Now I imagine the AV Receiver doesn't support 4K resolution even for passthrough, would I assume this is correct? So I am trying to figure out, would I need to upgrade to a new AV Receiver at the same time as I upgrade the TV?

On 12/11/2017 at 11:14 AM, SuperKid said:

So I am looking around currently for a 4K TV but have noticed some potential issues. I have currently an AV Receiver which handles 5.1 audio and the setup from say the Android TV box is like...

Android TV Box > AV Receiver > TV

Now I imagine the AV Receiver doesn't support 4K resolution even for passthrough, would I assume this is correct? So I am trying to figure out, would I need to upgrade to a new AV Receiver at the same time as I upgrade the TV?

I have a Pioneer VSX-324-K-P AV receiver, which was released in 2013.

It was part of the Pioneer HTP-072 home cinema package (AV receiver, subwoofer, 5 speakers), which cost me £200 from Richer Sounds.

I bought a Chromecast Ultra a few months ago and it didn't work.

I then found out that, whilst the AV receiver supports 4K, it doesn't support HDCP 2.2 that the Chromecast Ultra needed.

I could have plugged the Chromecast Ultra directly into my TV and use HDMI ARC for the sound but there is an audio delay inherent with ARC.

I ended up selling the Chromecast as the cheapest home cinema packages now are £250 and cheapest AV receivers alone (that support HDCP 2.2) start at around £180.