Sign in to follow this  

A Telling Comparison: Israel versus North Korea

+ctebah    2,833

Israel occupies Palestinian territory; destroys Palestinian olive groves and poisons Palestinian sheep; sprays Palestinian homes with sewage; sabotages Palestinian water supplies; cuts off power to Palestine; terrorizes Palestinians for hours at checkpoints, including the sick, infirm, and pregnant women, some who are forced to give birth at the checkpoints; stops fishermen from earning a living from the sea; shells hospitals, schools, and playgrounds; blows up kids on beaches; and commits myriad other war crimes. Israel has nuclear weapons and ICBMs. The last point is the only one that North Korea shares with Israel.

Yet only North Korea is vociferously criticized and sanctioned by the US and its allies. Is this fair?

And is it just that North Korea is bullied and sanctioned for developing a self-defense?

Although undeclared, it is well known that Israel has a nuclear arsenal, yet it escapes censure by the US and sanctions by the UN.

One might inquire how a state like the US with its huge stockpile of nuclear-tipped ICBMs has standing to criticize other states for doing what it does? Does this not pose a moral quicksand for the US? Also why does the US elude censure for not abiding by article VI of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons?

https://www.globalresearch.ca/a-telling-comparison-israel-versus-north-korea/5617959

• Love 1

+FloatingFatMan    13,396

Another anti-US article from one of the usual suspects...  How about actually adding some commentary of your own for a change, hmm?

FWIW, I think the Israeli government is just as bad as any of the other utterly corrupt governments in that part of the world, including the Palestinians, and the US are hypocrites for continuing to support them.  WHY they support them is obvious of course. It's the continued fear of doing anything that might seem anti-Semitic in the face of 70 year old crimes against them.

• Like 1

Tuskd    1,457

Simple. What Israel does to Palestine, North Korea does to itself. But yes, you are partly right. North Korea gets a lot more criticism than Israel.

Xahid    4,950

There is no comparison,

Israel backed by US & EU, so doesn't care about anything or anyone.

While North Korea have no back support but still don't care about anyone.

• Like 1

+ctebah    2,833
On 11/15/2017 at 1:29 AM, FloatingFatMan said:

Another anti-US article from one of the usual suspects...  How about actually adding some commentary of your own for a change, hmm?

*looks at the thread title.....:huh:

Looks like another poster here who has reading problems. :laugh:

On 11/15/2017 at 1:52 AM, Xahid said:

Israel backed by US & EU, so doesn't care about anything or anyone.

EU is slowly starting to change their attitude.  Labeling of good made in occupied territories is just a start.

1 hour ago, ctebah said:

*looks at the thread title.....:huh:

Looks like another poster here who has reading problems. :laugh:

Try reading the articles you post.

+ctebah    2,833
25 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Try reading the articles you post.

*Looks at the thread title again...:huh:

The word Israel appears 33 times in the article :/

25 minutes ago, ctebah said:

*Looks at the thread title again...:huh:

The word Israel appears 33 times in the article :/

One might inquire how a state like the US with its huge stockpile of nuclear-tipped ICBMs has standing to criticize other states for doing what it does? Does this not pose a moral quicksand for the US? Also why does the US elude censure for not abiding by article VI of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons?

See? Just another veiled attempt at pooping on the US.

• Like 1

techbeck    5,105
3 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

(Y)

+ctebah    2,833
6 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

How?  Everything you quoted is 100% correct....

3 minutes ago, ctebah said:

How?  Everything you quoted is 100% correct....

Like I said at the start.  "Another anti-US article from one of the usual suspects... "

• Like 1

+ctebah    2,833
1 minute ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Like I said at the start.  "Another anti-US article from one of the usual suspects... "

Aaaaah, you just don't like the message even though it's true. 

Gotcha.

• Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, ctebah said:

Aaaaah, you just don't like the message even though it's true. 

Gotcha.

Nope. I'm merely commenting that it's one of the two usual suspects posting anti-US articles... Again...  Don't you ever get bored of it?

If you were actually unbiased against the US, as I'm sure you'll probably claim, you'd post positive articles too, but you never do...

• Like 1

+ctebah    2,833
4 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Nope. I'm merely commenting that it's one of the two usual suspects posting anti-US articles... Again...  Don't you ever get bored of it?

Of course not, world events are happening every day.

If you were actually unbiased against the US, as I'm sure you'll probably claim, you'd post positive articles too, but you never do...

It takes a positive action in order to post positive articles.

techbeck    5,105
9 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

I think the bias and hate is obvious here. Look at all the anti us posts. Like an obsession. 

• Like 2

+ctebah    2,833
13 minutes ago, techbeck said:

I think the bias and hate is obvious here. Look at all the anti us posts. Like an obsession. 

What a contribution to the discussion (Y)

I like how you guys won't acknowledge how much harm your country is doing around the world, won't do anything about it, and continue to label those that expose it as biased. 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

8 minutes ago, ctebah said:

I like how you guys won't acknowledge how much harm your country is doing around the world, won't do anything about it, and continue to label those that expose it as biased. 

a) The USA isn't my country.

b) Anyone here can tell you I'm plenty critical of the USA when the moment requires it, but unlike you, I'm able to see the good things about it too.

techbeck    5,105
1 minute ago, FloatingFatMan said:

b) Anyone here can tell you I'm plenty critical of the USA when the moment requires it, but unlike you, I'm able to see the good things about it too.

(Y) me to. Many things I don't like about the US. I've started this several times over the years. 

+ctebah    2,833
4 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Yes, you are correct, my apologies.  I was not talking to you when I said "you guys."

Also, correct, I have seen you be critical.

Now, why don't we discuss some of these good things?  Can you go into a bit of a detail on some good, positive things about US foreign policies which I so often criticize?

I'm extending this question to anyone not afraid to speak up...

1 minute ago, ctebah said:

Now, why don't we discuss some of these good things?  Can you go into a bit of a detail on some good, positive things about US foreign policies which I so often criticize?

I'm extending this question to anyone not afraid to speak up...

I'm not going to be led into a subject with such a narrow scope. US foreign policy has been a bit of a debacle for years with very little good about it, BUT US foreign aid goes very much towards saving thousands of lives throughout the parts of the world NOT actually at war, you know.  Thankfully, Trump has yet to wreck THAT... But I suspect he'll try at some point.

techbeck    5,105
2 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

I'm not going to be led into a subject with such a narrow scope. US foreign policy has been a bit of a debacle for years with very little good about it, BUT US foreign aid goes very much towards saving thousands of lives throughout the parts of the world NOT actually at war, you know.  Thankfully, Trump has yet to wreck THAT... But I suspect he'll try at some point.

(Y)

+ctebah    2,833
9 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

The positive measures of US Aid cannot be ignored, and I wouldn't dispute or argue against it.

However, you yourself acknowledge that the US Foreign Policy has been a debacle, yet you wonder why I post so many articles about the negative aspects of US operations?  

Just now, ctebah said:

However, you yourself acknowledge that the US Foreign Policy has been a debacle, yet you wonder why I post so many articles about the negative aspects of US operations?

Because that's ALL you post, making it clear you hate and despise the US. You and Mir both are just as bad as each other and the mods tolerate it for whatever reason of their own.

Well I for one am just sick of it.  Continue to post your bias all you want, but if you EVER want the people here to see you as anything other than a Russian shill, you need to start being a bit less biased and maybe even a bit more positive.

• Like 1

+ctebah    2,833
7 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Because that's ALL you post, making it clear you hate and despise the US. You and Mir both are just as bad as each other and the mods tolerate it for whatever reason of their own.

And?

It's still news and isn't breaking any forum rules.  If people don't like it, they don't need to respond.  It's so very simple.

Well I for one am just sick of it.  Continue to post your bias all you want, but if you EVER want the people here to see you as anything other than a Russian shill, you need to start being a bit less biased and maybe even a bit more positive.

Oh man, I was really going for the whole Chinese shill, and would even settle for an Iranian shill.  I love how people think that anyone that criticizes the US must be Russian.  And then people get insulted when the word "sheep" gets thrown around.

Doesn't really matter though, as opinions of internet forum users mean nothing to me.

trag3dy    3,350
53 minutes ago, ctebah said:

I thought this wasn't about the US?

• Like 1