• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Mini-Spy not working

Zagadka    3,742

For the past day or two, I've had problems with the mini-spy not refreshing automatically on Chrome.

DaveLegg    949

Should be working again now

• Like 1

Zagadka    3,742

Necro FTW

Spy has been a bit iffy over the past  couple of days. Not totally down, but sometimes gets jammed up. Only have been checking in the background in Chrome.

DaveLegg    949

There were a handful of errors in the service logs for Minispy, so I've restarted the service on all of the servers, hopefully that should make it more stable.

Zagadka    3,742

Kinda bringing this back from the dead, but same issue for the past day instead of making a new thread. Entirely rebooted, issue remains

DaveLegg    949

Should be fixed now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brandon H    2,099

haven't noticed any issues with live updates on the mini-spy myself

you're not running any extensions like adblock or NoScript are you? the live updating is javascript/ajax based so script blockers will stop it.

Just now, DaveLegg said:

Should be fixed now

I stand corrected, i guess there was a problem haha

thanks for the quick action @DaveLegg :)

Skiver    1,918

My Mini spy is gone, is there a setting to enable/disable it somewhere that I'm missing?

Nick H.    8,940
15 minutes ago, Skiver said:

My Mini spy is gone, is there a setting to enable/disable it somewhere that I'm missing?

I can't see a setting anywhere. When you say that is has gone, is there any chance that it's just minimized? Or is there not even an arrow to expand the mini spy?

Skiver    1,918
4 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I can't see a setting anywhere. When you say that is has gone, is there any chance that it's just minimized? Or is there not even an arrow to expand the mini spy?

I'm either blind or it's just not there, I have of course reset browser history etc.

q4y4uL1.png

Nick H.    8,940

Huh. That's weird. What browser are you using? I'm on Chrome and the mini spy is appearing for me.

Skiver    1,918
Just now, Nick H. said:

Huh. That's weird. What browser are you using? I'm on Chrome and the mini spy is appearing for me.

Chrome also, Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I stupidly had not tried a different browser, works in IE so it's clearly something on my end.

DaveLegg    949

Do you have an ad-blocker enabled? They've been known to remove the minispy area as a side-effect.

• Like 1

Skiver    1,918
3 hours ago, DaveLegg said:

Do you have an ad-blocker enabled? They've been known to remove the minispy area as a side-effect.

Thanks Dave! That was it, I did have Neowin whitelisted but I recently rebuilt my laptop so it must have re-enabled for this site and I'd not noticed.

• Like 2

Nick H.    8,940
30 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Thanks Dave! That was it, I did have Neowin whitelisted but I recently rebuilt my laptop so it must have re-enabled for this site and I'd not noticed.

And there was me about to berate Dave for such a suggestion. "Skiver would never do such a thing!" :laugh:

• Haha 1

Skiver    1,918
1 hour ago, Nick H. said:

And there was me about to berate Dave for such a suggestion. "Skiver would never do such a thing!" :laugh:

I feel bad that I have been! it's probably been a month since my last rebuild, I just didn't think to check :(

• Haha 1

Nick H.    8,940
1 minute ago, Skiver said:

I feel bad that I have been! it's probably been a month since my last rebuild, I just didn't think to check :(

You found the fault and corrected, my friend. Everyone is happy. ;)

• Like 1