Russia accuses US of providing cover for the 'Islamic State' militia

+ctebah    2,846

The fighter jets of the US-led military coalition were trying to hinder Russian airstrikes by flying inside the bombing zone in the Syrian town of Abu Kamal, Moscow said on Tuesday. The town is one of the last "Islamic State" (IS) strongholds in Syria, located on the Euphrates River near Iraq.

In order to ensure "safe passage for the retreating IS forces" the coalition jets "were trying to interfere with Russian fighter jets which were active in the region" said the Russian Ministry of Defense.

"With this goal, coalition fighter jets were entering the 15-kilometer (9 mile) airspace around Abu Kamal in order to impede the activities of the Russian air force," they added.

http://www.dw.com/en/russia-accuses-us-of-providing-cover-for-the-islamic-state-militia/a-41373237

So many of these kinds of claims have come forth in the past few years but I'm sure that the sheep will ignore them.

wakjak    7,246

Farfetched indeed. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Spreading Russian propaganda. L. O. L. 

Russian Military Uses Video Game Screenshot To Allege US Support For ISIS

A post on the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation’s Facebook page earlier today purported to show photographic proof that the US was aiding ISIS fighters in Syria. It turns out that one of the photographs included was from a video game.

According to the post, Russian air power was used to help Syrian troops take back the town of Abu Kamal from ISIS control. During the operation, the Ministry of Defense claimed it had learned US aircrafts were trying to provide cover for an ISIS convoy. Part of the “irrefutable proof” included in the Facebook post was actually an image from a promotional video for a mobile game called AC-130 Gunship Simulator: Special Ops Squadron

The propaganda’s connection to the two-year old game was discovered by people on Twitter and laid out in a post by researcher Eliot Higgans, currently a visiting scholar at King’s College. Another of the images used was taken from an existing Iraqi Ministry of Defense video. Russia’s Defense Ministry has since taken the images out of its Facebook post and deleted the tweet they were included in. Of course, their inclusion in the first place casts doubt on the rest of agency’s claims and “evidence” as well.

https://kotaku.com/russian-military-uses-video-game-screenshot-to-allege-u-1820448382

e8a.gif

Edit: and it's not their first time? 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-12-uk-russian-embassy-tweets-screenshot-from-command-and-conquer-generals

Even more LOL. 

Edited by wakjak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

techbeck    5,110
13 hours ago, wakjak said:

Farfetched indeed. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Spreading Russian propaganda. L. O. L. 

Edit: and it's not their first time? 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-12-uk-russian-embassy-tweets-screenshot-from-command-and-conquer-generals

Even more LOL. 

Come on now, the game dev stole the footage from the Russians......

• Haha 2

shockz    3,041

Lol cetbah, you’re unusually quiet suddenly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

techbeck    5,110

I just find it funny how they claim it was an error/mistake.  It was intentionally done, period, and the video was actually edited.  Had a red fire button in it initially which was cropped out before adding it to the claim.

The original game footage, which was cropped in the ministry's post, included a red "FIRE" button in the bottom-right corner, as well as a disclaimer in the top-right corner that read: "Development footage. This is a work in progress. All content subject to change." Part of the message can still be seen in the final cut.

http://www.newsweek.com/russia-admits-video-game-footage-prove-us-helping-isis-syria-new-evidence-711481

Of course Russia still stands by their claim citing more proof.  At this point, any proof they provide on this issue will not be taken seriously regardless if it is true or not.

• Like 1

PsYcHoKiLLa    1,592

http://www.dw.com/en/russia-accuses-us-of-providing-cover-for-the-islamic-state-militia/a-41373237

So many of these kinds of claims have come forth in the past few years but I'm sure that the sheep will ignore them.

Baaaa!

Video proof of Italians also providing transport for ISIS...

giphy.gif

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa
  • Haha 4

Jim K    9,056

Probably my favorite response on Twitter that I saw this morning...

On the phone, which I can't find the translate button, but anyway it says something like ... indisputable evidence of US soldiers in Syria.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

techbeck    5,110
5 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Probably my favorite response on Twitter that I saw this morning...

On the phone, which I can't find the translate button, but anyway it says something like ... indisputable evidence of US soldiers in Syria.

# SYRIA of the Russian Ministry of Defense publishes an indisputable confirmation of the United States providing cover for combat-capable ISIG units for use in advancing American interests in the Middle East http://s.mil.ru/2jr6RG5 pic.twitter.com/vIRvRStBEP

and

Photo of an American soldier in Syria. Indisputable confirmation. pic.twitter.com/FVbb0zVgHo

Jim K    9,056
4 minutes ago, techbeck said:

and

Assuming those are the updated pictures on the Russian MOD website (your links aren't working...at least on my phone)?  Yea... there is stuff there... somewhere in the heavily compressed images.  :)

techbeck    5,110
5 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Assuming those are the updated pictures on the Russian MOD website (your links aren't working...at least on my phone)?  Yea... there is stuff there... somewhere in the heavily compressed images.  :)

Yea, the links didnt copy over.  I was just doing the text translation.

• Like 1

+Mando    3,669

check the tumbleweed here..............................................

ClearcutFlawedAfricanporcupine-max-1mb.thumb.gif.01b92487c40de6725623c904e1324e78.gif

techbeck    5,110
18 minutes ago, Mando said:

check the tumbleweed here..............................................

ClearcutFlawedAfricanporcupine-max-1mb.thumb.gif.01b92487c40de6725623c904e1324e78.gif

yea...something something crickets something something.....

• Like 1

+Mando    3,669
8 minutes ago, techbeck said:

yea...something something crickets something something.....

+FloatingFatMan    13,400

He's probably asking his KGB overlords how to respond. :p

• Haha 2

+Zagadka    1,917

Well, good to know that Trump is close friends with that good guy Putin.