Questions about new build

13 minutes ago, Mando said:

yer but mine is dinky yet functional and silent btw :)

This is my first Corsair case, and tbh it wont be my last :) im an ex Lian Li guy personally.

its hiding 6 SSDs (2x123gb evo 840s RAID0 striped & 4x 256 Evo 850s as 1tb RAID0 Striped :P) all running sweetly on a 650W EVGA G2 with a 1080ti EVGA Founders :), Rog gear the rest bar my Corsair 3200 ram.

Very minimalist look, I want to turn my founders into a hybrid & pop it on rear 120mm mount.

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=400-HY-5288-B1

apparantly it means once i need to i can push it 40% higher with the new solution and no throttling.

Here is another picture showing the inside top of the case. I wonder if the top where that big fan is I could put the dual fans from a 115?

IMG_0172.jpg

13 minutes ago, patseguin said:

Here is another picture showing the inside top of the case. I wonder if the top where that big fan is I could put the dual fans from a 115?

IMG_0172.jpg

you have a point there. Measure the mount points and see if they match up. the fans screw into the radiator and you get fixings for fan mounts to fix the radiator to the case. That looks about right but best to measure, your looking for 280mm length and 140mm depth to rear top of case, if they both match up for each corner, your laughing.

you dont need to go push/pull on the 115i, the pump/size of the rad and a pair of 140mm fans keep it cool n quiet. Mine never go above 1100k rpm even overclocked at 4.8Ghz on all my cores on my 7700k. You should be golden for up to 5Ghz.

In bios make sure you manually set the ddr speed after XMP mode to its rated and disable an option called Odd Ratio mode for ram, disable that, then ram shoudl run at XMP speeds all the time, mine is 1600mhz x DDR so 3200mhz DC

Well I got all the parts in except for my CPU cooler so my build is incomplete! My old Asus rampage had 2 8 pin CPU power connectors. Looks like the Maximus only has one. Is that right?

I was going to just take the H60 my old CPU but I couldn't find any thermal paste at my workbench. The Noctua fan I ordered is coming tomorrow so I guess I'll just wait. Not sure if I can overclock with that though.

Hey @Mando, I'm unsure if the Noctua fan will be good enough for my 8700K so I went ahead and order the Corsair H80 since I already have the space at the back of the case for the radiator/fan. Do you think I will still be able to overclock if I want? I don't know if I can get 5Ghz out of it, but what do you think? Also, I installed the 2 RAM modules in the first 2 open slots. Is that right or on these boards do I need to put them in slot 1 and 3?

Edit: gig the Noctua cooler tO'Day. Thing is massive and heavy. Covers up 2 of my ram modules, so I'd never be able to upgrade then without taking out the cooling. I'm not even going to install it, the H80 is coming tomorrow so I think I'll wait and be much better off.