Xbox One X - Yeah

Alrighty, I'll make this pretty straightforward. When I make these post I always find it necessary to point out that I'm not a fanboy of any kind. I've been accused of being an Apple fanboy and an Android fanboy, never been accused of being a Microsoft fanboy.

Anyway, let's get to it. I have an amazing Samsung 4K TV with HDR. What do I get to go with my great TV? A PlayStation 4 Pro! A console to make the games I already own into 4K with HDR! Sounds great? I love PlayStation, most of my friends are on PSN and don't use Xbox Live. The PlayStation 4 Pro is a great piece of hardware if you already own a PS4 and have a 4K tv with HDR. 

My wife and I watched the E3 Xbox One X demo live back in June or July. I thought it was sort of a joke with most of the exclusives being "indie" and they were focusing on that and how Forza 7 framed dropped pretty bad and they kept trying to pan away when it happened. But, I still wanted one. I already own an Xbox One, the original one. Never really used it TBH. It became a streaming player until we got a Fire TV that was replaced with a shield tv. What made me want one? I just had to have it. I tried to preorder after the premiere and found out you couldn't due to the fact it was approved by the FCC yet.  When I became available for preorder, I wanted a day and noticed the special project scorpio edition.  I pulled the trigger and pre-ordered. 

Fast forward, release day. I take the day off work to pick it up. I take the day off, but never pick it up. I just can't justify $550 (including tax) for a console. Especially with daycare cost. I don't pick it up, but I don't cancel it. It's Sunday and we are grocery shopping and my wife suggested we go look at Best Buy, where I had preordered the Xbox One X. I tell her that I don't really want it and I'll just wait the seven days when Best Buy cancels it for me. She asked me 10 times if I was sure I didn't want it. After we browse through Best Buy, we get in the car and we start to leave. She turns around and says "you're getting that damn Xbox, you've waited so long for it". She pulls back into Best Buy and we get the Xbox One X from customer pick up. I pick out a couple of games that are Xbox One X enhanced. I can't really describe it, you'll have to play one and see. It's the most console excitement I've had since the Nintendo 64, and I didn't even want it. It's crazy, and I highly recommend you getting one if you have a 4K tv that supports HDR. 

I'll also say this and it is off topic slightly. Some people want to compare spec for spec when it comes to console vs pc. What they need to realize is when you optimize a game for one console, you get a lot more mileage. They can tweak the game to focus just on the hardware on the console. That's why they are able to make these games look great with lesser hardware than a PC, and they do an amazing job. Great job Microsoft. 

fanboy FANBOY

There you go, the obligatory fanboy comment has been made,

But out of curiosity, I'd be interested in what's upcoming for the xbox, (I'm too heavily invested in ps to consider one right now.)

• Like 2

Just now, The Evil Overlord said:

fanboy FANBOY

There you go, the obligatory fanboy comment has been made,

But out of curiosity, I'd be interested in what's upcoming for the xbox, (I'm too heavily invested in ps to consider one right now.)

haha.

I am heavily invested in the PS4 too.  But after seeing how well the games play and look on the Xbox One X, I'm going to start buying all my games for it. If my friends don't switch, I'll just make new friends on XBL. Most of my XBL friends on from Neowin, lol. Seriously, I didn't care for the Xbox One at all. But, damn. The console just rips through the games and just beats its chest.  Seriously, the Xbox One X is in a league of its own. That was the point I was trying to get across.  It's just insane. 

• Like 1

For the big AAA titles, I would, but then I find myself asking why, as they'll be made available to as many platforms as possible, I've not seen an xbox exclusive to seduce me yet, And I'd have to make room for yet another console, (room I don't have unless I gave up the ps2 and 3)
That the problem with me, I kept my favourite games from all the previous gens and something to play them on because I love to play those games (mostly sony exclusives). Take THAT out of the equation, and I'd be in a better place to make the jump.

After how awful the Xbox One (original) performed for me and how some games turned out horrid (Master Chief Collection and the onslaught of bugs) I can't bring myself to buy another Xbox console anytime soon. Mine has gathered dust for a while now and instead got a PS4 Pro which played any game I've thrown at it beautifully.

Glad to see the X1X is living up to some expectations given.

17 hours ago, The Evil Overlord said:

That the problem with me, I kept my favourite games from all the previous gens and something to play them on because I love to play those games

That's part of what makes backwards compatibility so big, moving all the existing 360 owners across. And once you invest in their ecosystem they won't double charge you to play games you already own *cough PS Nintendo Cough*

I wasn't impressed with my mates Pro system and skipped bothering to update at all even at the time when its where most of our online gaming was done. Everyone's on board the X bandwagon now for multi-plats but which is great, Native 4K is simply a generational leap. The upgrades to all existing 360 & One games is just Microsoft getting this upgrade right.

Next gen will be interesting as hell at launch.

1 minute ago, Vandalsquad said:

Next gen will be interesting as hell at launch.

Hopefully next gen will have the remaining companies migrate to PC. Most companies have already started since the current generation of consoles are weaker versions of gaming PCs.