Got a free sub to McAfee Livesafe today!!!

6 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

umm, iirc, that is a trial...

He still installed it.  Reminds me of the installs of AOL back in the day.  :) 

15 minutes ago, Jim K said:

He still installed it.  Reminds me of the installs of AOL back in the day.  :) 

Who's saying he's gonna keep it? :rofl:

Wasn’t a trial according to the sales lady @ officeDepot.  “You get a sub to McAfee LiveSafe with your purchase today!”.

Pretty impressed so far. Installation was quick and easy. No annoying prompts or configuration needed. Installation was complete as soon as it hit the can. 

Resource usage is shocking. McAfee has really upped their game! Light footprint. Hardly takes up any room in the trash. Last year’s box had a noticeable impact on space usage. 

Even if it’s a trial, doesnt matter. Can will be emptied before the trials up :)

Edited by slamfire92

6 hours ago, slamfire92 said:

Wasn’t a trial according to the sales lady @ officeDepot.  “You get a sub to McAfee LiveSafe with your purchase today!”.

Pretty impressed so far. Installation was quick and easy. No annoying prompts or configuration needed. Installation was complete as soon as it hit the can. 

Resource usage is shocking. McAfee has really upped their game! Light footprint. Hardly takes up any room in the trash. Last year’s box had a noticeable impact on space usage. 

Even if it’s a trial, doesnt matter. Can will be emptied before the trials up :)

Can you check to see if the uninstaller still leaves behind a huge mess you have to manually clean up?

Love it..... said he got a free trial of McAfee.... posts picture of it in the trash! HAHA... only if he didn't say he installed it.

8 hours ago, virtorio said:

Can you check to see if the uninstaller still leaves behind a huge mess you have to manually clean up?

I had to manually take the bag to the dumpster so cleanup is all on you :)

8 hours ago, Titoist said:

Love it..... said he got a free trial of McAfee.... posts picture of it in the trash! HAHA... only if he didn't say he installed it.

It was installed in the can, not my PC, lol!

Getting tired of seeing McAfee show up on family/friends PCs.  It is an option to install with some Adobe software and they dont always deselect the option to not install it.  You know when a something is junk when it comes bundled as an option with other software.  Yes, I know diff software than the OP but I just don't like McAfee in general.

On 11/24/2017 at 5:21 PM, Mindovermaster said:

umm, iirc, that is a trial...

Not that it matters, but it definitely was not a trial. Bottom right indicates is a 1yr sub and the top right has an 89.99 price tag.

Says a lot about your product when they give it to you for free and the recipient throws it in the trash :rofl: