Mandrake 9.2 DVD (Linux Format)

I bought the Linux Format issue with the DVD version of Mandrake 9.2. I am unable to install Mandrake 9.2 because my CDRW is my primary drive, and DVD ROM secondary. I really don't plan on opening my system up to change the cables around. I also cannot set the bios, since with my Abit motherboard has no option for DVD in boot order. I tried to boot with the DVD, but it simply won't boot. I can install other programs from the disc though. I also tried creating a floppy boot disc, but somehow all my floppies show 1.38MB, for some reason ,and the boot file is 1.4MB, and I get a prompt that says their is not enough space. So my question is how can I create three CD's with the DVD disc. I really want to try Mandrake 9.2. Yes I did format my floppies. :)

One option may be to update your BIOS. A newer version may support DVD boot.

The boot floppy would have been my other recommendation. Not sure why *that* isn't working. I haven't made a boot disk to install Linux in several years (and only did it once or twice back then).

why not just get the 3CD version then install MDK...from there take iso images and point urpmi away from the CD and mount the isos locally...that way elimintating all cd's?

(once u installed it of course :p)

as far as that....i guess u are better off with the 3 cd version..why not just get that?

I thought their would be a way to create three cd's from the DVD version. I read in the latest issue of Linux Format with Fedora that you can create 3cd's of Fedora from the DVD, in case you didn't have a DVD Rom. I didn't buy the issue though, since I already have SuSE 8.2, Slackware 9.1, Gentoo 1.4, Knoppix 3.3, and Mandrake 9.2, if I can somehow create 3cd's.