Do you bake?

First up, my first ever Jelly Roll, PBJ mind you! I found a recipe that goes as: 5 eggs 5 tablespoons flour 1 tablespoon constarch 4 tb sugar 1 tb honey 1 tsp salt. While I like the flavor, I feel texture could be improved.
pJeEaOH.jpg
Also, did not know how to prevent roll from sticking!
Second one, whilst oven was hot:
Simple whole wheat bread recipe:http://www.jennycancook.com/recipes/simple-whole-wheat-bread/
Crumb shot:

LFdaXEr.jpg

I messes around trying to cut slits but they didnt turn out so nice:

mE41xep.jpg
Critique is appreciated, suggestions welcomes, however limited to the following ingredients Whole wheat AP flour and AP flour, I live in Honduras, Central America, can't get fancy stuff like bread flour, pastry flour, vital wheat gluten, etc.

• Like 3

I bake a ton of cookies during the holidays. My wife did a lot of baking tears ago but sadly (for me) she no longer has the desire. Shame too because she made a great eclair.

• Like 1

Just now, Zag L. said:

I bake a ton of cookies during the holidays. My wife did a lot of baking tears ago but sadly (for me) she no longer has the desire. Shame too because she made a great eclair.

You know what they say, pics... or!

im guilty of making adult cookies (ahem) and when i can be bothered real Scottish Tablet.

I hear the Great overlord is a Masterbaker....oh wait no, thats something else :woot:

https://www.carnation.co.uk/Recipes/71/Milk-Tablet

Us Scots sure do like our Sugar :p 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mando said:

im guilty of making adult cookies (ahem) and when i can be bothered real Scottish Tablet.

I hear the Great overlord is a Masterbaker....oh wait no, thats something else :woot:

https://www.carnation.co.uk/Recipes/71/Milk-Tablet

Us Scots sure do like our Sugar :p 

heh, when googling for recipes, funny things come up from Milk-Tablet

I used to like baking as a kid.  Did so in 4H.  Not sure if many here knows what 4H is...google it  :p

I still bake from time to time but maybe once a year.  I don't like cooking in general...grilling, a diff story.

32 minutes ago, techbeck said:

I used to like baking as a kid.  Did so in 4H.  Not sure if many here knows what 4H is...google it  :p

I still bake from time to time but maybe once a year.  I don't like cooking in general...grilling, a diff story.

Wow! 4H, huh? My dad used to be a leader, or what ever they were called, when I was a kid. Does 4H still exist?

As far as baking, heck, I can barely boil water!! Thank goodness for micro waves!!

1 hour ago, techbeck said:

you can bake on the grill too :p

2 hours ago, Draconian Guppy said:

You know what they say, pics... or!

I'll be doing batches this weekend so ya got to wait a few more days!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zag L. said:

I'll be doing batches this weekend so ya got to wait a few more days!

its a deal!

2 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Well, since you mentioned putting baking food in a grill, blasphemy for grilling  :p

oh man, nothing like grilled pizza! don't even get me started on pineapples!

2 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

its a deal!

oh man, nothing like grilled pizza! don't even get me started on pineapples!

I like woodfire pizza.  I think of baking more along the lines of cakes, cookies, brownies....

5 minutes ago, techbeck said:

I like woodfire pizza.  I think of baking more along the lines of cakes, cookies, brownies....

oh man, never baked a whole piece beef tenderloin?!

Just now, Draconian Guppy said:

oh man, never baked a whole piece beef tenderloin?!

Naw, I normally like to grill a good steak.  Or Salmon.  I got a good simple chicken marinade as well.  Of course, hamburgers are a given.

• 1 month later...