I am in need of a monitor power supply

So I have a 4K Yamakasi monitor that I bought ~2 years ago. A few months ago it started developing a 'feature' where after the system was shutdown/sleep/etc. the monitor display would not turn back on. The power indicator light would flash a purple color (mix between both the red and blue led). Until yesterday the solution was to remove the power from the power supply and wait for it to totally discharge, then plug it back in and it would start working. Unfortunately it seems to no longer work that method, it appears that the monitor is still receiving power (LED flashes) but the display will not turn on. Now doing some research (good old google!) I found a replacement power supply, but the company who sells it is located in Korea, and has not responded to my email request, they also do not list a method for purchasing the item from them directly. So I am hoping that someone might have a suggestion of what to attempt to do next! The website that has the power supply is http://ankdisplay.com/mainset.htm?id=shop&xcode=03&mcode=04&no=12 any assistance is appreciated!

On 12/14/2017 at 11:22 PM, Jim K said:

Actually the more I look into this, the more I do not think that the one listed on Ebay is the correct one. The model of the one I have is PFA-168D2400350, but the ones showing on Ebay are PFA-168D12001250 I have emailed the seller to inquire about it being compatible and will go from there.

5 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Actually the more I look into this, the more I do not think that the one listed on Ebay is the correct one. The model of the one I have is PFA-168D2400350, but the ones showing on Ebay are PFA-168D12001250 I have emailed the seller to inquire about it being compatible and will go from there.

The voltage needs to be an exact match.

The connector needs to match.

The current just needs to be the same or larger.

The quality presumably needs to be larger than original, sometimes just using one with a slightly larger current rating will increase longevity.

• 3 weeks later...

So this morning when I got off of work, I stopped at the mailbox and the power supply that I had ordered finally showed up, plugged it in and now my 4K is working again! If anyone is interested, I followed the link that @Jim K found on Ebay and contacted that seller, they in turn asked me for some pictures of the current one, and then got back to me saying that they had one that would work and provided the link. Al around just really good customer service!

• Like 3