John Titor

Although there is debate over the exact date it started, on November 02, 2000, a person calling themselves Timetravel_0, and later John Titor, started posting on a public forum that he was a time traveler from the year 2036.

One of the first things he did was post pictures of his time machine and its operations manual. As the weeks went by, more and more people began questioning him about why he was here, the physics of time travel and his thoughts about our time. He also posted on other forums including the old Art Bell site. In his posts John Titor entertained, angered, frightened and even belittled those who engaged him in conversation.

On March 24, 2001, John Titor told us he would be leaving our time and returning to 2036. After that, he was never heard from again.

Johntitor.com

He contradicts half the stuff he says.

One minute he's saying the air is always clear, the next you can't see past the toxic fumes + gas to see the sun.

pictures of his time machine... the guy holding the cigar is his instructor blowing smoke past the laser allowing visibility.. since the machine was set to low power.

pics

He talks a pretty good story but when I told my dad about the website he laughed his head off. He said, that sounds exactly like a book he read in the 70's where the US was divided up into 5 territories and each had it's own president. Funny thing is, 5 presidents would never work. During the constitutional convention, Virigina submited a plan that we would have 3 presidents to divide the power up. Multiple presidents would be to hard to follow. Ex. In the military who would listen to who? One president could give one order and another could give another. Point being, the guy was/is a fraud.

Think about it, if you were to travel back into time, wouldnt you want to keep a low profile? Probably end up locked up in a padded cell if you ran around saying you were from the future.

pictures of his time machine... the guy holding the cigar is his instructor blowing smoke past the laser allowing visibility.. since the machine was set to low power.

pics

so, instruction manuals of high tech machinery look like ass in 2034? the scans of the manual posted on that location have the visual quality of Ikea mounting instructions.

I find a few things just too obvious:

1. His mission is related to computers. What a shock. Those using the Internet, ergo, able to read his posts, are likely to have at least some degree of interest in computing. Phew - that's the captive audience bit taken care of.

I don't suppose "I came here to gather some Shakespeare" or "I came here because we are short of potatoes" would have drawn as much attention or interaction. No, stick with Unix and IBM - much better topics for the gullible masses.

2. The main theme of the posts seems to be America's 'current' paranoia - war and the Middle East.

3. The fact that he just had to be American in the first place. Is there a larger Internet user base than America? Again, if you wanted to share your wind-up with as many people as possible, it most likely wouldn't help to come from a little poor backward country, now would it?

I'll say one thing though, it's good in terms of detail. In fact, it doesn't even have to be a hoax, I suppose. There are more than enough people out there who have similar personality disorders.

There was also one line I read where he referred to "we" and not "you" for once. This, to me, was a major slip-up. I can't find the bloody line now.

so, instruction manuals of high tech machinery look like ass in 2034? the scans of the manual posted on that location have the visual quality of Ikea mounting instructions.

I know exactly what you mean (damn Ikea).

He talks a pretty good story but when I told my dad about the website he laughed his head off. He said, that sounds exactly like a book he read in the 70's where the US was divided up into 5 territories and each had it's own president. Funny thing is, 5 presidents would never work. During the constitutional convention, Virigina submited a plan that we would have 3 presidents to divide the power up. Multiple presidents would be to hard to follow. Ex. In the military who would listen to who? One president could give one order and another could give another. Point being, the guy was/is a fraud.

:yes:

He also stated, quite clearly, that people type a lot faster in 'his time'. Why did nobody have the forethought to test that? "Right, everyone type all you know about [insert very common theme] for exactly 60 seconds, starting in 3 - 2 - ...."

I would expect, given the new typing speed skill, for him to show a marked increase in output over a very large percentage of all others.

I call fake as well.

First off the story's silly at best.

Second nothing he does or says would effect his timeline so why bother?

Third he can't get back to his time anyways so why even bother recovering the computer?

Of course he says 'cause it'll help people blah, blah, blah even if he doesn't get back to his time.

Whatever's my answer. No government's going to make a time travel program tht wont help thier own freaking timeline that's stupid.

Why does he have to come back in a car? Shouldn't the time travel device want a more suitable enclosure? If you can come in a car do you even need to come in anything for that matter? Or is time travel like driving on the autobahn?

Nice that his "parents" have a book for sale on Amazon.

He made no real predicitions just the usual "look around it's happening now" and then everything else is so far off it doesn't matter. But I guess he was covered by stating that if he stopped an even than it might have reprocusions(he mentioned for example if Pearl Harbour had been stopped the US might not have entered the war). Nice cover there.

And his time travel theory's seems a little flaky but no-ones an expert on that so he lucks out there.

I wish I never read all those threads but there was nothing on the tube last month.

He's fake as hell, I feel for everyone that falls for it, ok I don't really care about those that fell for it cause it's thier fault but it's still sad.

Thanks. I love this review:

"I am from the future. A future where you have wasted money. You have purchased this book instead of looking for the story on the internet. You feel regretful that you did not think this purchase through.

Oh and there might be a civil war and some nukes dropped."

You are all too quick to judge. Time travelor? Bah bs bs blah blah gullible fools etc etc etc.... Most of you haven't even read the story and yet you feel the need to reply to something you have no idea about... Keldyn.

But anyway, a lot more people will visit that website after Bush rigs the elections in November which leads to a civil war when americans get ****ed off that he is changing the laws that shatter the US Constitution to further control the public by using the excuse of terrorism to become the dictator of his New World Order. Mwuhahahahah :p