1709 Eventually Breaks Internet and only it can fix it too problem....

So on one of four computers in my house, I am having this issue which is just stupid and it seems to just be weird. For maybe no reason this computer will lose internet connectivity on all adapters even new ones connected via USB. They are connected to the network just all say they have no internet access. 

So far the only thing that fixes it is to redo the 1709 Upgrade (problem arose too far for a rollback to the previous build) and that lasts from 3 days to a week and a half (other things being done too***).

What else I do based on searching***: I turn off power saving features on all adapters, Use the Hide update tool to hide all updates **, turn off IPv6 on all adapters. 
Alas, it still happens through the Hide update tool does seem like it only does so temporarily, so I need to look into it. 

What triggers it instantly: Run updates and apply the three that populate right away **: Flash Update, malicious software removal tool and that I think is the culprit - Cumulative update...yadda yadda.

Full in windows and offline virus scan have been run the system is clean.

Some fixes I also tried that did not work that is weird and makes me think a config file? is that a restore point does not fix it nor does integrating a full registry back up although I have only done this in windows and it does have an error that not all the keys were changed due to being in use, ect. I will need to Boot to BDE and try it and see if it fixes it.

Of course, I did all the standard things like release IP, repair tool from windows, various Networking repair tools that flush dns and reset ip, and all the rest.

I'm trying to avoid reinstalling windows from scratch and even more so if it just happens again but it is just such a weird issue especially since the reinstalling of 1709 upgrade fixes it.

Any thoughts? Any tool suggestions?

oh and sometimes though not all the time the repair tool does say the adapters do not have a proper IP Configuration but that the problem was not fixed. Then again I ran all the CMD commands and tools for that with the problem persisting.

Started happening on my Samsung a few months back before 1709.  Would have to put hte PC in airplane mode for a few seconds and that normally fixed it.  But sometimes, issue came back after a few min.  Reboot seems to be the better option.  Reinstalled drivers and a bunch if other things.  Seems to be really random tho. I can go weeks no issue, then all of a sudden, an issue. 

I just upped to 1709 on that system a few days ago.  So shall see how that goes.

Yeah I just wish I could find a fix for it. I have 4 machines running Windows 10 1709 and only this one is doing it and then as I said redoing the 1709 Update fixes it for random amounts of time.

The only issue I am having with this build is that all my Android emulators refuse to go online; oddly enough, nothing else is affected.

It's not specific to certain Android emulators, either - they are all affected (from RemixOS Player to MEMuPlay to Nox Player to Genymotion), but nothing else is.  That has me scratching my head - I have never (as in ever) had a single class of applications break in any build of Windows - ever.  I now have to ask myself what this class of applications has in common that a single build can break all of them (especially since they run different versions of Android from each other - and three support multiple versions of Android).  It has nothing to do with wireless, either - this is a desktop PC with a wired gigabit Ethernet connection.

• 1 month later...

so far I have had 3 different wifi and the ethernet. It happens instantly after 1709 if you do the updates for 1709 one of which is the cumulative update. Also, any reboot will break it. If I go in and use the tool to turn off those updates and do not reboot at all the internet works fine. Do those updates, reboot it dies and I have to redo the 1709 upgrade and it will work again. And the again disable those updates and not reboot. 

On 12/21/2017 at 3:04 PM, XChrome said:

So on one of four computers in my house, I am having this issue which is just stupid and it seems to just be weird. For maybe no reason this computer will lose internet connectivity on all adapters even new ones connected via USB. They are connected to the network just all say they have no internet access. 

So far the only thing that fixes it is to redo the 1709 Upgrade (problem arose too far for a rollback to the previous build) and that lasts from 3 days to a week and a half (other things being done too***).

What else I do based on searching***: I turn off power saving features on all adapters, Use the Hide update tool to hide all updates **, turn off IPv6 on all adapters. 
Alas, it still happens through the Hide update tool does seem like it only does so temporarily, so I need to look into it. 

What triggers it instantly: Run updates and apply the three that populate right away **: Flash Update, malicious software removal tool and that I think is the culprit - Cumulative update...yadda yadda.

Full in windows and offline virus scan have been run the system is clean.

Some fixes I also tried that did not work that is weird and makes me think a config file? is that a restore point does not fix it nor does integrating a full registry back up although I have only done this in windows and it does have an error that not all the keys were changed due to being in use, ect. I will need to Boot to BDE and try it and see if it fixes it.

Of course, I did all the standard things like release IP, repair tool from windows, various Networking repair tools that flush dns and reset ip, and all the rest.

I'm trying to avoid reinstalling windows from scratch and even more so if it just happens again but it is just such a weird issue especially since the reinstalling of 1709 upgrade fixes it.

Any thoughts? Any tool suggestions?

oh and sometimes though not all the time the repair tool does say the adapters do not have a proper IP Configuration but that the problem was not fixed. Then again I ran all the CMD commands and tools for that with the problem persisting.

Yep.

The TCP/IP stack self corrupts if you have older hardware. Very frustrating. Having the latest drivers and doing an upgrade can fix it. A reinstall or restore will permanently break TCP/IP IP v4.

MS supposedly fixed the bug in December but it will keep reappearing if you install adaptors or virtual ones like enabling Hyper-V or VMware workstation. I can't believe MS hasn't fixed this yet!

Rediculous. I downgraded to spring creators update in the meantime and put in 150 days delay to update as MS can't get their act together and fix this for haswell hardware

Driver issues I suspect...  problem is no one seems to want to update drivers for older hardware, we are expected to shell out $$$ for new hardware when the old hardware works just fine all to get 'updated' drivers ... rediculous!

Not old Hardware the USB adapters I use are AC class wifi Adapters. All drivers have been updated not a driver issue. The ethernet is on a MoBo for the i7 6core, sorry at work and don't recall which MoBo I have off the top of my head. My guess is it is the stack issue that sinetheo referenced. 

For maybe no reason this computer will lose internet connectivity on all adapters even new ones connected via USB. 

I'd check the Task Scheduler for anything unusual that maybe in there.

At school we went from 1511 to 1703 and had all kinds of driver related issues.  The most troublesome being a wireless driver on about 180 laptops.  They would connect, but randomly drop the connection.  We ended up rolling back to a generic driver for that card AND disabled power management.  

I forget the exact model, but now it says "Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter" where before it read "Exact Model Here".  We had ZERO issues with 1511.  We also use several Intel drivers that wouldn't install correctly during imaging, but would only work if installed manually.  On those, we rolled back to a driver from 2013 and had ZERO issues, also.

In short, don't be afraid to try an older driver.  That being said, we had some AMD drivers that were older, but we could manually install.  With 1703, though, we couldn't do that, anymore with that particular driver on some laptops.

Full Diags, Full Virus Scans(WRSA, BD, MWB, TM), and yes task manager & scheduler have been checked. I work on Computers which is why this is so damned annoying. I could reinstall windows but that's no guarantee that it will not happen again and then I'll have to reinstall all the damn software on it too, not to mention restoring my files from back up. 

On 2/12/2018 at 4:49 PM, XChrome said:

Full Diags, Full Virus Scans(WRSA, BD, MWB, TM), and yes task manager & scheduler have been checked. I work on Computers which is why this is so damned annoying. I could reinstall windows but that's no guarantee that it will not happen again and then I'll have to reinstall all the damn software on it too, not to mention restoring my files from back up. 

Did you do an upgrade to Win10 from a previous OS?  I did so on my Samsung and think a few install would help.  I have not had the time to do so though.  I have only seen/had this issue on one PC and I upgraded from Win7.