Windows 10 image restore issue

Hello

I got a problem that I should have solved but i just started using win10. i imaged the computer on the install and later in the day had AV issues. So i was going to start over with the fresh image and solve my problem.

But...it does not see my hard drive with the image attached with a usb bridge when using the recovery drive. the image is about 132 gigs so a thumb drive was out of the question. Do I need to show it a driver and what driver would i show it? the image was made when it was booted up and running using the same cable adapter. off line its not buying it.

thanks and merry christmas

windows 10 pro 64bit on a lenovo t61 laptop. the image is on a wd500 gig desktop hard drive

Thanks, its fixed

i reinstalled win7 and then upgraded again and this time i left bitdefender running and by the grace of God it worked out. I suspect that something was missing on that recovery drive, whatever it looks for. i am going to research the imaging part and make a good backup. a good backup of win7 helped me a lot here. it was still painful but it worked

I will add this for the next guy.  It appears I could have restored the image online and i know it would have found the image booted up because it had no trouble making the image. win10 is full of surprises. i restored a pc today using a windows image and it worked well and gave me my programs and settings back. i had always used acronis. which is more versatile.