Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: January 2018

We’re counting down the days to the new year and preparing to celebrate with a great collection of games coming to the Games with Gold program in January 2018.

On Xbox One, start your journey with the final chapter of the Van Helsing trilogy with The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III launching with Games with Gold on January 1, 2018. Then later in the month, get ready to fight for your survival on the streets of London during the zombie apocalypse in Zombi.

On Xbox 360, and Xbox One through Backward Compatibility, pair your new year with adventure thanks to Tomb Raider Underworld and then grab a buddy for some excellent co-op action in Army of Two.

All games will be available for a limited time as part of Games with Gold, so get Xbox Live Gold today to get in on the action.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III ($14.99 ERP): Available January 1 to 31 on Xbox One

Zombi ($19.99 ERP): Available January 16 to February 15 on Xbox One

Tomb Raider Underworld ($19.99 ERP): Available January 1 to 15 on Xbox One and Xbox 360

Army of Two ($14.99 ERP): Available January 16 to 31 on Xbox One and Xbox 360

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/12/22/games-with-gold-january-2018/

EA Access Games in the Vault for Xbox One

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Games

----

Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: December 2017

New DOTW:

Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - £8.31
Diablo III: Eternal Collection - £27.50
Prison Architect: Psych Ward DLC - £1.91
Euro Fishing: Season Pass - £20.15
Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy - £8
Furi - £8
Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings - £4.80
Blackwood Crossing- £8.95
Time Recoil- £6.71
Reus - £4.95
101 Ways To Die - £4
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - £3.96
Redout: Lightspeed Edition- £21.43
Hyperdrive Massacre- £1.60
Adam's Venture: Origins- £8.84
Claire: Extended Cut - £3.96
We Are The Dwarves - £6
God of Light: Remastered - £4
Goliath - £7.19
Forza Horizon 3 Blizzard Mountain - £6.69
Forza Motorsport 7 Car Pass - £12.49
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero- £10.71
Lightfield - £8
Alien Hominid HD - £3.37

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/deals-with-gold

• Thanks 1

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 16 January 2018.

Source

Good to see more sales but nothing for this week interests me other than Styx which I have already.

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 22 January 2018. After taking a week off, Grand Theft Auto is back on sale ;)

Source

I wonder why the EU version isn't available yet...could be a glitch, but you have a couple of weeks to pick it up :p

On the Wiki page, it seems that this game was region locked for two reasons

• Online MP lag - you'd be limited to play with people in your own region to prevent lag
  • The game for the Asian market was censored

The online lag isn't really an issue as the servers have now been shut down. 

Source

Good news everybody, 8 more games are being add to the Xbox Games Pass on 1st Feb. 

• Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
  • Fable Anniversary
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Letter Quest: Grimm’s Journey Remastered
  • NBA 2K17
  • RiME
  • Riptide GP: Renegade
  • WWE 2K17

On 16/01/2018 at 11:42 AM, dipsylalapo said:

I wonder why the EU version isn't available yet...could be a glitch, but you have a couple of weeks to pick it up :p

On the Wiki page, it seems that this game was region locked for two reasons

• Online MP lag - you'd be limited to play with people in your own region to prevent lag
  • The game for the Asian market was censored

The online lag isn't really an issue as the servers have now been shut down. 

Source

Just so everyone from EU countries is aware that this glitch has now been fixed :)

• Like 1

A few more games added to BC at some point during the weekend. 

• Magic 2013
  • Magic - The Gathering
  • Magic 2014

Also, that epic shooter Black was added to EA's Vault late last week

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 30 January 2018. 

Source

Kinda big news for those that subscribe to the Game Pass. All Microsoft Studio games will be available on the game pass on the day of their release. So this year we have Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 to look forward to. 

If they really up things with their first party studios and publishing deals then this is a huge move from MS and makes game pass even more worth paying for.  Only time will tell though, but the hints about fable 4 and probably other projects in the works we don't know about is very interesting.

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 06 February 2018. They have a few deals on Forza and Fallout 4  add-ons. I'd recommend the Hot Wheels add on if you have Forza Horizon 3 and not bad for around $5

Source

On 1/26/2018 at 4:32 AM, George P said:

If they really up things with their first party studios and publishing deals then this is a huge move from MS and makes game pass even more worth paying for.  Only time will tell though, but the hints about fable 4 and probably other projects in the works we don't know about is very interesting.

Once again, I'm looking forward to E3 to see if they follow through on their first party games and I don't want to see things are that will come to the console in 2019. I want things that will launch this year! 

• DrunknMunky unpinned this topic
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:17 AM, dipsylalapo said:

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 06 February 2018. They have a few deals on Forza and Fallout 4  add-ons. I'd recommend the Hot Wheels add on if you have Forza Horizon 3 and not bad for around $5

Source

Once again, I'm looking forward to E3 to see if they follow through on their first party games and I don't want to see things are that will come to the console in 2019. I want things that will launch this year! 

I agree, I want to see more first party and new IP etc, I'm enjoying my X so far, playing through quantum break atm and I picked up fallout 4 GOTY edition on sale for later.

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 12 February 2018. There's a Ubisoft publisher sale on this week. 

Source

What are people's thoughts on Ghost Recon Wildlands? I may be tempted to pick up during the sale.

13 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 12 February 2018. There's a Ubisoft publisher sale on this week. 

What are people's thoughts on Ghost Recon Wildlands? I may be tempted to pick up during the sale.

I think you forgot your link :D

I enjoyed Wildlands, It wasn't ever going to win any awards but I got a very easy 80+ hours out of it and that was before they added the PVP mode, the new "predator" Mission and I didn't purchase any of the DLC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skiver said:

I think you forgot your link :D

I enjoyed Wildlands, It wasn't ever going to win any awards but I got a very easy 80+ hours out of it and that was before they added the PVP mode, the new "predator" Mission and I didn't purchase any of the DLC.

Thanks - added!

That's pretty good. My issue with my these games is that I don't ever have a set group of online friends to play with :( Was the 80+ hours by yourself, or with random people online or with a group of regulars?

It was mixed, really, I played quite a bit on my own and with friends. I probably played mostly with one other person rather than a full squad of 4 when playing with Friends but I think it depends on how you want to play. So one of my friends was very much a run in and shoot everything whereas another friend like the stealthy approach of trying to pick off every guard without raising an alarm etc.

I very much preferred the second approach so sometimes I preferred to be on my own as I could play my way. I'd happily sit outside a base for 20 minutes scouting with my drone, learning patrol paths and planning an attack which is how I think I got so many hours out of it. 

There's no real linear story so you can pretty much play it how you want as well as a decent amount of side quests, they're useful as they help expand your skills but there isn't a great variation in them so it can feel very repetitive. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

Thanks - added!

That's pretty good. My issue with my these games is that I don't ever have a set group of online friends to play with :( Was the 80+ hours by yourself, or with random people online or with a group of regulars?

That's the same issue I have, and also time, it's not easy to match up schedules to play these types of co-op games with others so I really rather play pure SP games with a good story at my own pace and then try to do some MP if I can after, not a fan of all these co-op/MP focused games that keep coming out because it's easier to stick micro transactions in them compared to offline SP games.

2 hours ago, George P said:

That's the same issue I have, and also time, it's not easy to match up schedules to play these types of co-op games with others so I really rather play pure SP games with a good story at my own pace and then try to do some MP if I can after, not a fan of all these co-op/MP focused games that keep coming out because it's easier to stick micro transactions in them compared to offline SP games.

We need the equivalent of online dating matching for gamers. Input location, games, platforms, schedules and voila a list of other gamers ;)

Doesn't LFG kinda do that?

I've added a few people I've found via LFG (although never really played with any of them again) so it could help you find others to play with.

What kind of weird schedule do you have that means you can't organise regular sessions with peeps?