Favourite Current Gen Console

Which current gen console do you like the best so far?   

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which current gen console do you like the best so far?

• PS4
    • PS4 Pro
    • Xbox One
    • Xbox One X
    • Nintendo Switch
    • None, I have a Gaming PC
    • Other (Unlisted)

Xbox One because it's a great media center, and occasionally play games on it as well. I have a gaming PC, but I really don't have time for it. 

• Like 3

My gaming PC just died after I got the X1X and I haven't had the funds or the interest to get it going again o.o

My answer would've been the X1X anyway but I wasn't expecting to move to it completely.

I have my workstation/gaming rig, but I always go back to my ps4pro

So I voted ps4pro

Although I don't think you REALLY needed to list the 4k variants of consoles as their 2k counterpart names should have sufficed, in theory :)

Happy with my PC. I do have a 360 that is collecting dust. Consoles just aren't my thing (not so much into action games, prefer mouse and keyboard for FPS, enjoy strategy and MMO games etc), and I can't afford multiple systems.

Plus without mods, a smaller library of indie games and such... no thanks.

I did consider getting a Switch, but that is a lot of money for a couple of good games, however good they are. I'm not going to bash any console, do your thing, just not my flavor. Though if I had to have a console, it'd be an X-Box.

22 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

I have my workstation/gaming rig, but I always go back to my ps4pro

So I voted ps4pro

Although I don't think you REALLY needed to list the 4k variants of consoles as their 2k counterpart names should have sufficed, in theory :)

I listed them because I was curious to see how much people bought them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

I listed them because I was curious to see how much people bought them.

Still have my old Mega Drive (somewhere) PSX, PS2, 2 PS3s, PS4, and PS4 pro

Just now, The Evil Overlord said:

Still have my old Mega Drive (somewhere) PSX, PS2, 2 PS3s, PS4, and PS4 pro

I'm surprised you didn't sell most of them. Do you still use them often? 

Just now, LimeMaster said:

I'm surprised you didn't sell most of them. Do you still use them often? 

The 2, 3, and 4, haven't used the psx (or ps1) in over a decade, I don't even remember where the Mega Drive is (or if I have thrown it away)

Just now, The Evil Overlord said:

The 2, 3, and 4, haven't used the psx (or ps1) in over a decade, I don't even remember where the Mega Drive is (or if I have thrown it away)

Ah, I see. I guess you can bring them out once in a blue moon for nostalgia purposes. 

• Like 1

Just now, LimeMaster said:

Ah, I see. I guess you can bring them out once in a blue moon for nostalgia purposes. 

Er no.

They are actually hooked up to my tv the ps2 is using component cables, the 3 is on a shared hdmi splitter with my TiVo, the 4 has it's own port

(new tv has 4 hdmi ports, or 3, plus arc)

1 minute ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Er no.

They are actually hooked up to my tv the ps2 is using component cables, the 3 is on a shared hdmi splitter with my TiVo, the 4 has it's own port

(new tv has 4 hdmi ports, or 3, plus arc)

Damn! You're organised. :o

• Like 1

I just bought a PS4 in Black Friday. With it, I have the full generation (Wii U, Xbox One, PS4). I have to say, PS4 exclusives are amazing (Just finished playing all 4 Uncharted games and felt satisfied). The Xbox One is better in every other aspect: OS, Media Capabilities, controller ergonomics, etc.

The Wii U is the only console that you can use to play locally with friends and family.

So I'd say that each one of them have their own charm.

• Like 3

I got ps4 pro.

waiting for it to jump back to console gaming. just bought switch 2 days ago to play Mario. however I will likely return it. or sell it off. might also do Zelda, though not as likely.

as much as I like Mario, I cannot justify the cost of switch to keep it for the few games other then Mario that are not already on my pc or ps4.

but Mario... always a must ;)

• 2 months later...

Gaming PC. If I get a current gen console, I'll get a Switch purely because of the exclusive games. Thankfully Playanywhere has been very good in Windows 10 for bringing across Forza :). There's no compelling reason for me to get any of the other consoles when the games are available on PC.