57 members have voted

1. 1. What is the OS on your main mobile phone

• Android (or a variant of it)
    • iOS
    • Windows Mobile/Phone
    • BlackBerry
    • Other (please comment)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/18 at 23:00

OK, we haven't done this before, but it seems like we should be asking this.

The Android option also covers variants made off it like OxygenOS (OnePlus) LineageOS and so forth which are just forks.

Since it isn't uncommon for people to have more than one phone, we are going to be asking what is your main phone's OS.  So not the one from your boss, or the burner/throwaway cell number you bought to sell weed ;) 

Have fun, and lets see which way Neowin swings ;)

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 (on Android 7 / 1 Dec 2017 security patch) I have no idea if I will upgrade this year or hold off till next.

I use iOS 10 both for my main phone and tablet, but I also have some Android devices kicking about for testing / backup. They're on KitKat and Marshmallow IIRC.

I've yet to upgrade to iOS 11 because I dislike a lot of the changes, but I'm sure I'll do it one day or wait out for 12.

My personal phone is an iPhone 7 Plus 128GB, on iOS 11.2.1.

I also have a Galaxy S8 as a corporate handset which is on Android 7.1 / Dec security patch.

9 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

So not the one from your boss, or the burner/throwaway cell number you bought to sell weed ;) 

That's legal now, One less phone!

I moved from WP10 to Android (Pixel) last year. I like WP10 more, but... well, it is WP10 and couldn't use any of the apps I need (medical and other things).

• 3 weeks later...

Android.  I keep an eye on iOS and few family members always have to have the latest.   But iOS/Apple has nothing to steer me away from Android.  And WP...well, I dont have to rehash that mess.

I'm still using my iPhone 7 Plus from late November 2016 with iOS 11.2.5. I keep up with the latest news for Android to see if it's worth switching back. For now, I'm staying with Apple for various reasons: iMessage/FaceTime, Apple Pay, VoLTE/WiFi calling working without having to get your phone through a carrier, easy WiFi password sharing between iOS devices, and more.

My primary/personal is an iPhone 7 Plus 128GB running the laters iOS 11.2 build.  My Secondary/Work is an iPhone 6S 32GB running iOS 11.2.

Had a Galaxy Note 2 at one point, just don't like the Android ecosystem, too fragmented.

• 3 weeks later...

android :x Not because i like it but because there are multiple choices, different prices, different hardware designs to choose from.

i have to admit one thing : samsung makes android  a little bit " likable"  more than sony, motorola, htc

Just got updated to Android 8.0 on my OnePlus 5T about a week and a half back and can't imagine that changing again this year ( I suppose I could land up with 8.1 - fingers crossed).