Sign in to follow this  

South Korea's President Moon says Trump deserves 'big' credit for North Korea talks

Recommended Posts

Euphoria    767
Quote

South Korean President Moon Jae-in credited U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday for helping to spark the first inter-Korean talks in more than two years, and warned that Pyongyang would face stronger sanctions if provocations continued.

Source: Reuters

 

Just to put things in perspective, CNN corespondent Will Ripley and his choice of words "might deserve credit" vs. President Moon's actual words " deserves big credit":

 

CNN breaking "news" to its viewers, with slight adjustments.

Edited by Euphoria
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+warwagon    10,270

giphy.webp

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+ctebah    3,048
5 hours ago, Euphoria said:

Source: Reuters

 

Just to put things in perspective, CNN corespondent Will Ripley and his choice of words "might deserve credit" vs. President Moon's actual words " deserves big credit":

 

CNN breaking "news" to its viewers, with slight adjustments.

CNN very salty now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Euphoria    767
2 hours ago, ctebah said:

CNN very salty now.

Naah.. not salty... just funny that they can not even pass an actual quote, without translating it into its own words and meaning...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PGHammer    307
On 1/10/2018 at 5:20 PM, Euphoria said:

Naah.. not salty... just funny that they can not even pass an actual quote, without translating it into its own words and meaning...

That is because they very idea (from another world leader no less) that DJT did something RIGHT - egad!  How DARE they come to that conclusion!  DJT is supposed to be RMN Revisited (not Nixon as President - but Nixon the Vice-President (under Eisenhowser)).  Even more telling, it is no less than the President of the Republic of Korea -  I thought "foreign policy" was supposed to be a weakness.  (Still, if I remember right, it was supposed to be JFK's weakness, too.)  It's nice to see I'm not the only person with egg on the face regarding DJT's surprising statesmanship chops - I didn't expect his strength to show there, either.  As opposed to "Caspar Milquetoaste", consider a straight-shooting rather BLUNT POTUS may actually be PREFERABLE for a change??  How was the perception of Reagan during merely the second half of his FIRST term?  Or the same perception of Bush the Younger?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rippleman    2,816

The far-left here will say the SK leader is lying. You know they will. I am starting to believe the saying (even though I am a liberal leaning centrist) that liberalism is a disease. I don't know if they are just extremely uneducated, impressionable by MSM, or just have extreme lack of understanding of cause and effect. No matter, Trump is making their lives better. If after 8 years they still don't see it, oh well, at least Trump did his job even if he doesn't get credit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alera    168
1 hour ago, Rippleman said:

The far-left here will say the SK leader is lying. You know they will. I am starting to believe the saying (even though I am a liberal leaning centrist) that liberalism is a disease. I don't know if they are just extremely uneducated, impressionable by MSM, or just have extreme lack of understanding of cause and effect. No matter, Trump is making their lives better. If after 8 years they still don't see it, oh well, at least Trump did his job even if he doesn't get credit. 

Mainstream neo-liberalism today that is seen in many places around the West is nothing at all like the classical liberalism so don't feel too bad! I wouldn't say they are uneducated, they just have blinkers on and refuse to see outside of their bubble, that is, an extreme narrow-mindedness. In my experience, people like that don't care about cause and effect or facts or about even having a simple opinion, they care about the narrative that is being pushed and how it makes them feel. Emotion over cold logic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.