Sign in to follow this  

South Korea's President Moon says Trump deserves 'big' credit for North Korea talks

Euphoria    868

South Korean President Moon Jae-in credited U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday for helping to spark the first inter-Korean talks in more than two years, and warned that Pyongyang would face stronger sanctions if provocations continued.

Source: Reuters

Just to put things in perspective, CNN corespondent Will Ripley and his choice of words "might deserve credit" vs. President Moon's actual words " deserves big credit":

CNN breaking "news" to its viewers, with slight adjustments.

Edited by Euphoria

+warwagon    10,426

giphy.webp

+ctebah    3,160
5 hours ago, Euphoria said:

Source: Reuters

Just to put things in perspective, CNN corespondent Will Ripley and his choice of words "might deserve credit" vs. President Moon's actual words " deserves big credit":

CNN breaking "news" to its viewers, with slight adjustments.

CNN very salty now.

Euphoria    868
2 hours ago, ctebah said:

CNN very salty now.

Naah.. not salty... just funny that they can not even pass an actual quote, without translating it into its own words and meaning...

PGHammer    348
On 1/10/2018 at 5:20 PM, Euphoria said:

Naah.. not salty... just funny that they can not even pass an actual quote, without translating it into its own words and meaning...

That is because they very idea (from another world leader no less) that DJT did something RIGHT - egad!  How DARE they come to that conclusion!  DJT is supposed to be RMN Revisited (not Nixon as President - but Nixon the Vice-President (under Eisenhowser)).  Even more telling, it is no less than the President of the Republic of Korea -  I thought "foreign policy" was supposed to be a weakness.  (Still, if I remember right, it was supposed to be JFK's weakness, too.)  It's nice to see I'm not the only person with egg on the face regarding DJT's surprising statesmanship chops - I didn't expect his strength to show there, either.  As opposed to "Caspar Milquetoaste", consider a straight-shooting rather BLUNT POTUS may actually be PREFERABLE for a change??  How was the perception of Reagan during merely the second half of his FIRST term?  Or the same perception of Bush the Younger?

Rippleman    2,938

The far-left here will say the SK leader is lying. You know they will. I am starting to believe the saying (even though I am a liberal leaning centrist) that liberalism is a disease. I don't know if they are just extremely uneducated, impressionable by MSM, or just have extreme lack of understanding of cause and effect. No matter, Trump is making their lives better. If after 8 years they still don't see it, oh well, at least Trump did his job even if he doesn't get credit. 

Alera    170
1 hour ago, Rippleman said:

The far-left here will say the SK leader is lying. You know they will. I am starting to believe the saying (even though I am a liberal leaning centrist) that liberalism is a disease. I don't know if they are just extremely uneducated, impressionable by MSM, or just have extreme lack of understanding of cause and effect. No matter, Trump is making their lives better. If after 8 years they still don't see it, oh well, at least Trump did his job even if he doesn't get credit. 

Mainstream neo-liberalism today that is seen in many places around the West is nothing at all like the classical liberalism so don't feel too bad! I wouldn't say they are uneducated, they just have blinkers on and refuse to see outside of their bubble, that is, an extreme narrow-mindedness. In my experience, people like that don't care about cause and effect or facts or about even having a simple opinion, they care about the narrative that is being pushed and how it makes them feel. Emotion over cold logic.

PGHammer    348

Alera - at least I am honestly admitting that I was WRONG about DJT - I certainly did NOT expect him to actually HAVE foreign-policy chops at all.  I can certainly wear the egg - which is something that the left is unable to do at all.  Wearing the egg AND eating the crow sandwich - feathers and all.  What is the left (and CNN and WaPo in particular) doing?   Resorting to listening at bathroom keyholes for leaks about the Mueller investigation - AFTER the liberal attempt to capitalize on the #SchumerShutdown horribly misfired (and it was CNN that called it a misfire - not Trump, and not me).

wakjak    8,384

Ooooh that's rough guys. 

http://thehill.com/policy/international/369992-trump-requested-credit-for-pushing-north-south-korea-to-talk-report

Trump asked South Korea's president to give him credit for talks with North: report

President Trump asked South Korean President Moon Jae-in to publicly give him credit for fostering peace talks between North Korea and Seoul, The Washington Post reported Saturday.

Trump reportedly made the request during a phone call with the South Korean leader on Jan. 4, just days after North Korean leader Kim Jong Un announced he’d be open to negotiations.

Trump took to Twitter later that day to take credit for the talks, saying he'd been “firm, strong and willing to commit our total ‘might’ against the North."

There goes the foreign policy chops out the window. 

:laugh:

Emn1ty    3,387
11 minutes ago, wakjak said:

Ooooh that's rough guys. 

http://thehill.com/policy/international/369992-trump-requested-credit-for-pushing-north-south-korea-to-talk-report

There goes the foreign policy chops out the window. 

:laugh:

And the South Korean President is unable to decide if he wants to or not? It's not like Trump commanded him to or forced him to.

Unless you're trying to say the President of South Korea is just a tool?

On a side note, this has nothing to do with if he actually deserves credit or not (not does the statement of the President of South Korea).

+Andre S.    1,910

"sanctions and pressure led by the US." - you can't really credit Trump for that, that was the UN Security Council. Definitely nothing to do with Trump's childish name-calling and threatening on Twitter and elsewhere - on the opposite this reinforced NK into believing nuclear weapons are necessary for its safety. We're finally seeing some talks but you can forget about denuclearization.