Lobsters must be comfortably numb before cooking, rules Swiss government

23 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

I'm hiding behind nothing. Requiring enzymes ONLY found in animal proteins or in man-made dietary supplements is a basic biological fact of our existence. Deny it all you like, but that doesn't alter biological facts.

Eating animal products yield to an increased risk of cancer including colon,prostate,pancreatic,breast,kidney,ovarian,testicular,thyroid and multiple myeloma. not to mention cardiovascular diseases. You will be healthier without eating animal products..and so am i.

It's pretty well known that lobsters have too basic of a nervous system to be able to comprehend pain.  And no, the whistling that sometimes occurs from boiling one alive isn't it screaming.

This is a whole lot of commotion over a non-problem.  Facts prevail.

3 minutes ago, muratoner said:

Eating animal products yield to an increased risk of cancer including colon,prostate,pancreatic,breast,kidney,ovarian,testicular,thyroid and multiple myeloma. not to mention cardiovascular diseases. You will be healthier without eating animal products..and so am i.

Really?  I'd love to see some facts on that...  How do you cope with all the nutritional deficiencies that you face without consuming animal products?  Oh right, you probably have to pop a bunch of pills on a daily basis.  I'm sure you're carefully studied the contents of all those pills, right?

1 minute ago, Astra.Xtreme said:

Really?  I'd love to see some facts on that...  How do you cope with all the nutritional deficiencies that you face without consuming animal products?  Oh right, you probably have to pop a bunch of pills on a daily basis.  I'm sure you're carefully studied the contents of all those pills, right?

Pills? what pills? I consume animal products as i said in my post. I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian.

http://www.newswise.com/articles/importance-of-meat-and-other-animal-products-in-cancer-risk-highlighted-in-multicountry-study

11 minutes ago, muratoner said:

What you're saying applies to smoked, cured, and processed meat products mostly. It entirely depends on the quality of the meat you get and your eating habits.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mirumir said:

What you're saying applies to smoked, cured, salted, and processed meat products mostly. It entirely depends on the quality of the meat you get and your eating habits.

processed meat is the worst but meat is also not innocent.

taken from the study

"The reason why animal products increase the risk of cancer is most likely since animal products promote growth of the body as well as tumors through production of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I)"

3 minutes ago, muratoner said:

processed meat is the worst but meat is also not innocent.

taken from the study

"The reason why animal products increase the risk of cancer is most likely since animal products promote growth of the body as well as tumors through production of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I)"

There you go.

Without animal products, you're gonna have a hard time growing human tissues.

Moderation is key.

Living is dangerous.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

There you go.

Wihtout animal products, you're gonna have a hard time growing human tissues.

you can grow promote growth or heal tissue with several kinds of vegetables bro.

People need meat, or the proteins found in it.  Humans are not the only meat eaters out there either.  I don't see any lions or tigers chewing on carrots.  Natural part of life.

Also, My sister was a vegetarian for 15 years. After she had a kid, my nephew was allergic to a lot of things and he could not get what he needed from being a vegetarian.   MY sisters main reason for being a vegetarian is the way meat is at the stores.  But she found places to get meat now that is much better quality and not loaded with a bunch of crap.

Damn now I'am wondering if that lobster I had for dinner last night was killed properly before I ate it, oh well it really doesn't matter it was really good eating. . .:)

35 minutes ago, muratoner said:

You can be just as healthy eating meat.   And if I worried about every little thing that could cause cancer or harm myself, I may as well sit in my house and never move again.   Lots of car accidents out there and I am much safer, and healthier, if I never drove again.  I like meat, not going to worry about it.

1 minute ago, techbeck said:

You can be just as healthy eating meat.

We clearly aren't just as healthy eating animal products. Several studies confirm this. If meat tasted like veggies, we'd all stop eating them with all the info out there. You wouldn't see anyone mentioning how we've evolved or the enzymes we need or anything like that. Can you imagine people eating broccoli if we'd found that it increased our chances of getting cancer or cardiovascular diseases, no way.

7 hours ago, muratoner said:

We clearly aren't just as healthy eating animal products. Several studies confirm this. If meat tasted like veggies, we'd all stop eating them with all the info out there. You wouldn't see anyone mentioning how we've evolved or the enzymes we need or anything like that. Can you imagine people eating broccoli if we'd found that it increased our chances of getting cancer or cardiovascular diseases, no way.

Yeah, and you can die from drinking too much water too.

EVERYTHING is bad for you when taken to excess. Learn to balance your diet properly.

16 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

I'm hiding behind nothing. Requiring enzymes ONLY found in animal proteins or in man-made dietary supplements is a basic biological fact of our existence. Deny it all you like, but that doesn't alter biological facts.

you are correct, also in a similar vein, humans have an appendix that serves no purpose, other than a holding bag for enzymes for breaking down starch and other vegetation based sugars that havnt been in our diet for millenia. 

also explains incisors, and the requirement for other proteins only found in animals.

Veggies supplement their diet with the proteins they omit from their diet, where do you think they come from synthesis? Heh no. Thats also why lots of veggie foods are not Vegan safe.

Hats off to any who choose to be veggie or Vegan, kudos to you, I know i couldnt, id miss the rare steak oozing red juices and ofc the classic BACON 

All animals for food should be culled humanely and quickly, poutlry, pigs and bovine species are culled in the same way, a bolt/shock/incision to the brain.

I love Lobster, but i avoid eating it, due to the practise of boiling them alive.

Kind of related, being an aquatic fishkeeper, i have to deal with euthanasia at times with livestock, I cull them as quickly as i can by using Clove oil solution. I hate doing it every time but needs must at times.

8 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Yeah, and you can die from drinking too much water too.

EVERYTHING is bad for you when taken to excess. Learn to balance your diet properly.

That is a false comparison. You will literally die if you stop drinking water in less than a week, and water doesn't give you cardiovascular health problems or cancer.You could give an example like sugar though. Sugar is also bad and just like animal products it also increase the chance of getting many types of cancer among other things like diabetes. We can live by getting it just on fruits alone but donuts taste better than an apple for most people.

18 hours ago, neufuse said:

and that isn't a painful way to die also?... it sounds quick but it is still painful for the second it happens before death...

If i had the choice between being killed fast with a strike to the brain and boiling until death i would not hesitate to choose the first option.

• Like 2

Very common misconception that eating vegetables will not give your body the proteins/nutrients it needs.  Humans can live off a full vegetarian diet and receive all the nutrients they need including protein and never have to eat meat or take supplements.

I am under no delusion, I eat meat because I like it not because I need it.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=do+vegtarians+need+suppliments+to+survive&oq=do+vegtarians+need+suppliments+to+survive&aqs=chrome..69i57.7631j0j9&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

2 minutes ago, Yazoo said:

Very common misconception that eating vegetables will not give your body the proteins/nutrients it needs.  Humans can live off a full vegetarian diet and receive all the nutrients they need including protein and never have to eat meat or take supplements.

I am under no delusion, I eat meat because I like it not because I need it.

Same, i wish i had the discipline of vegans to stop eating animal products but i live in a country of kebabs,doner,lahmacun..etc. I went for less than a month with just veggies and fruits and felt the positive difference in my health. It's too hard to carry on a vegan diet in a country like where i'm from.

My 93 year old grandfather.  Lives a lone, still drives, shovels snow, mows lawn, tends garden...fully independent.  Well, not when it comes to electronics. ;) First time to a hospital a couple years ago because he started getting UTIs.  Ate meat his whole life but didnt sit on his ass either.

A lot of vegetarians do not know what the hell they are doing.  They think it is just as simple as eating veggies and no meat products.  They end up having a lot of health issues because of this.  Also, a lot of vegetarians do not take the time to actually read the ingredients as well to make sure there are no animal biproducts and they are getting the nutrients they need.

2 hours ago, muratoner said:

That is a false comparison. You will literally die if you stop drinking water in less than a week, and water doesn't give you cardiovascular health problems or cancer.You could give an example like sugar though. Sugar is also bad and just like animal products it also increase the chance of getting many types of cancer among other things like diabetes. We can live by getting it just on fruits alone but donuts taste better than an apple for most people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

Learn something.

22 hours ago, techbeck said:

Title....Pink Floyd comes to mind.....

Anyway, price of lobster in Switzerland has just gone up.....

Indeed it does - specifically "Dark Side Of The Moon" - the album entire.

22 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

They put the wrong picture there and now PGHammer becomes confused. 

40 minutes ago, PGHammer said:

Indeed it does - specifically "Dark Side Of The Moon" - the album entire.

Dude, it's from "the Wall".

Just now, Mirumir said:

They put the wrong picture there and now PGHammer becomes confused. 

Dude, it's from "the Wall".

It may be from "The Wall" - however, I have associated "Dark Side" with the band itself - which predates "The Wall".

1 hour ago, muratoner said:

You compare water to something that gives you cancer and cardiovascular diseases. You're drunk.

Like I said. EVERYTHING is bad for you in excess. Do you not understand English?

• Like 2