werid popping noise when changing a headunit.

3 hours ago, Hariljox12 said:

I doubt my golf has an amp because is a stock comfort model with only 2 speakers ...

If that IS the case, why go to the trouble of running 2 amps? Would the amp built in to your head unit not suffice? 

Most bass booted setups aren't all about sound purity, as often they're built for power, my old golf, you could hear me on my street, long before I actually turned onto my street.

With a front speaker only set up, and subs in the boot, I feel I should recommend just using the stereo's own amp to power the door speakers, unless you have aftermarket speakers, some nice 6X9's in the parcel shelf would improve the music as well.

i bought some aftermarket speakers 16 cm because i blow the originals a year ago  with sub... I dont know really which brand they are but they are 70w rms with seperate tweeters. They do a good job even at the highest volume with no distortion.

unfortunatly my radio doesn't have any options to turn off internal amp. But i think that this could be a ground problem, maybe i damaged the wire because there is so little room to work on and the cables are too short and i was doing a little rearragin and maybe exspose the connector idk.. i think i will try to use cigaret ligher ground or maybe make my own. But thanks guys again for the helps and the ideas :)

2 hours ago, Hariljox12 said:

unfortunatly my radio doesn't have any options to turn off internal amp. But i think that this could be a ground problem, maybe i damaged the wire because there is so little room to work on and the cables are too short and i was doing a little rearragin and maybe exspose the connector idk.. i think i will try to use cigaret ligher ground or maybe make my own. But thanks guys again for the helps and the ideas :)

Personally, I'd recommend dropping the speaker amp for a moment, and try running the front speaker from the head unit, just to see how you find it, as for the subwoofer amp, assuming it's in the boot, with the sub, there are plenty of grounding points, any of the smaller bolt fittings near the wheel arch, or near the tail light cluster will serve well enough as a ground point.

(Unless you're running high end speakers, and not the usual JBL, Kicker, or JLAudio, the in built amp in the stereo can suffice, it's just about adjusting the levels, then setting the sub)

I could try that yes but i already tried running speakers without ampd and they were really quiet..  Their brand is Impact and they were around 70€ here in EU with tweeters. With an amp there is really a big diffrence than with hu

The sad thing is that i like sound from these radio so much more than the jvc already even if some songs dont play some frequancis... I never could get jvc to sound the way i wanted it and my friend has a blaupunkt thats why i bought it and it makes so much of a diffrence...I meand thats just my personal oppinion but damn :)

There are other brands available, you might have a case regarding a refund if it indeed doesn't correctly play content your old JVC did as per one of your previous posts (assuming it's legally bought)

Most of the major players will have single or double din units to suit your requirements.

On a side note, I'm beginning to think having a y splitter might be one of your troubles, as you're effectively halving the line output. (hence why I suggested not using both amps just to see if that makes a difference) Does the amp that runs your speakers have a line out? As running an RCA from the speaker amp's line out to the subwoofer amp would be a whole lot cleaner, and simpler.

Issues that pre-existed only get amplified.  

You said you have amps powering your speakers.  

I am guessing you arent using the factory wiring then, bypassing them all. 

If that is the case, and you are getting popping, there could be several issues.  But if it happens when switching tracks and stations that is a head unit issue.  That is internal to the radio, if it were a ground issue you would hear it randomly or always. If it were a power issue you would hear it when they powered up. 

A possibility that it could be is the remote wire. Try bypassing that line temporarily to see if it is the cause.  You just need positive voltage to that recepticle, perhaps the radio is turning off the amps and back on when switching stations/tracks....sometimes a pop can be heard during and on off process. 

You probabaly want to turn your gains down if that is the case and see if it continues or turn them all the way down and see if it still pops. 

I'll check for those line out connectors... It makes me so mad cause its raining and i dont have enough time because of college :/ yes im bypassing them all and popping happens randomly not every time.. i noticed that even some song start playing with a delay maybe a second or 2 into the song.. but not all of them and always the same ones...some times when i take the key out of the ignition they pop sometimes they dont...and i think maybe i heard some el. static today 

Maybe because thats the only wire that i changed because my previous radio had his own remote wire and now i used a car wire, it might be a possibility that i wired a wrong one...

Always try to use the remote wire from the head unit if it's possible, wiring from the fusebox just fires up the amp even if the stereo isn't on. Wired incorrectly can result in a flat battery, or in worse case scenarios, a fire.

You can Jump the remote together, but no clue where you are going with the rca.  You shouldn’t do a Y, the radio should have enough outputs for what you are trying to hook up. 

16 minutes ago, sc302 said:

You can Jump the remote together, but no clue where you are going with the rca.  You shouldn’t do a Y, the radio should have enough outputs for what you are trying to hook up. 

The radio he's using only has the two RCA inputs.  Every install I've done has had separate inputs for the sub, but I have heard that you can use the Y adapter to feed them all together.  

Since he said the one of the Amps has a line-in, maybe he can daisy chain the amps together and then eliminate the Y adapter:

car-audio-amplifier-speaker-wiring-herei

Today i tried almost everything...i connected the ground cable to cigaret lighter switch , turn one of the amps off than ghe other then i changed the rca cables of one another amp zhen i found out one of the red rca cable was baf but it was the same when i changed it.... i called the shop where i bought the radio , they gave me some the same tips as you guys but nothing works...they told me to come back to them and then we will try to experiment what mighr be the problem...i alonee will try to change back to jvc hu and if the popping is still there then i know i ruiened a wire or something.. connecring both amps that  i didnt try but im getting an 7 band equalizer so there is going to be only one rca pair to the head unit instead of 2 :)

Cabling cabling cabling.

If you're hearing popping sounds from these when changing tracks, it sounds like you have a bad ground somewhere and you're hearing some amplified EMI.

You should ground your amp(s) to a nice solid grounding point such as a seat mount or screw through the chassis.

Also I'd send that head unit back and get something with at least two sets of preamp outputs so that you don't have to use y-splitters.

If you're looking at the only Clarion 7-band EQ on crutchfield, it's junk. I have one. Send it back.

I strongly recommend getting a Pioneer head unit as even the cheap ones come with 3 sets of preamp outputs and a decent graphical eq.

Edited by satukoro

3 hours ago, Astra.Xtreme said:

The radio he's using only has the two RCA inputs.  Every install I've done has had separate inputs for the sub, but I have heard that you can use the Y adapter to feed them all together.  

Since he said the one of the Amps has a line-in, maybe he can daisy chain the amps together and then eliminate the Y adapter:

The amps would have to have a line in and a line out to daisy chain them.  You won't see line outs on most amps, only inputs.  You have to hook up output (sound going out) to inputs (sound coming in from an outside source).  You would need an output on the amp to relay the sound out to another input.

I have both amps to a screw of the rear seats and i brushed the paint off... i dont know where the bad wire could be i even changed the ground wire to cigaret lighter as i said... the memory wire is from the cigaret lighter also only power wire is original... taking it back might be a problem from all scratches thah radio cage made and the upper drawer i have in a car...

2 minutes ago, Hariljox12 said:

I have both amps to a screw of the rear seats and i brushed the paint off... i dont know where the bad wire could be i even changed the ground wire to cigaret lighter as i said... the memory wire is from the cigaret lighter also only power wire is original... taking it back might be a problem from all scratches thah radio cage made and the upper drawer i have in a car...

an earth to the back of the car seats isnt enough mate.

Run an earth line to engine block\chassis or neg battery terminal worst case, are you using your car manufacturers ISO connector? if so buy the right Terminal adapter to fit your unit with that.

Well my both amps have line in and line out... the speaker amp has rca connectors for both ow them and my sub amp has input with rca connectors and output with some other connectors... you need some kind of adaptera

Yeah but why does it only do this with this headunit... befor this hu grounding was ok .... its all the same i didnt change anything 

I'll see what i can do with this radio...it was either this one or pioneer.. my budget was arroubf 100€ or around 120$ and both radios had only one pair oc rca's unfortunatly...