Final Fantasy XV making it's way to pc on March 6, 2018.

https://www.finalfantasyxv.com/us/windows-edition

The game will be available on Steam, Origin, and the Windows Store.

Minimum Specifications:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500 or AMD FX-6100

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760, GTX 1050, or AMD Radeon R9 280

RAM: 8GB

Screen Resolution: 1,280 x 720

Recommended Specifications:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 or AMD FX-8350

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060

RAM: 16GB

Screen Resolution: 1,920 x 1,080

Recommended Specifications (4K HDR):

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

RAM: 16GB

Screen Resolution: 3,840 x 2,160 (4K)

(no mention of hd space)

Initial Pricing: $50

If the port is good it will be the definitive version of the game. Something those notes and the techspot page don't mention is that the pc version will also support mods giving the pc version more longevity (depending on how complex they can be) than the console versions.

Edit: Apparently the hd space for the game is being reported as "over 100gb" and "over 155gb" if you want to play in 4k.

Edit 2: The

Edited by trag3dy

The game looks absolutely amazing.

The combat (shown at the 45 second mark) is what turns me off, however, as it's never been my thing.

Can't deny how stunning it looks, though.

On 1/16/2018 at 5:48 PM, trag3dy said:

If the port is good it will be the definitive version of the game. Something those notes and the techspot page don't mention is that the pc version will also support mods giving the pc version more longevity (depending on how complex they can be) than the console versions.

Can't say I'm into mods but either way I doubt it'll look significantly better than the X1X version, which is a huge jump from the PS4 Pro version.  (Yes, I owned both.  Gave the PS4 one to my niece.)

I'm just about finished with the game and not likely to play it again.  Though for a while my achievements were unlocking for the 'Windows Edition' so I'm not sure if it's going to be Play Anywhere or not.  Seems like that was just a glitch though.

26 minutes ago, dwLostCat said:

Can't say I'm into mods but either way I doubt it'll look significantly better than the X1X version, which is a huge jump from the PS4 Pro version.  (Yes, I owned both.  Gave the PS4 one to my niece.)

I'm just about finished with the game and not likely to play it again.  Though for a while my achievements were unlocking for the 'Windows Edition' so I'm not sure if it's going to be Play Anywhere or not.  Seems like that was just a glitch though.

Fair enough. The thing that has me on the "not going to buy side" is the fact that they want 100gb and then some for the install. That's just stupid.

I want the game but I would need to buy an entire new ssd just to be able to install it.

3 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

Fair enough. The thing that has been on the "not going to buy side" is the fact that they want 100gb and then some for the install. That's just stupid.

I doubt that's legit.  Fairly sure the X1X ver isn't anywhere near that high.  (Maybe 70 with all the DLC, not sure atm.)

MS seems to be the only publisher throwing 100GB games about.

This can be seen at the bottom of the official page/required specs.

"(※1)A DVD-ROM drive(one-sided 1 layer / 2 layer) is required. (※2) Gamepad is not required."

My last 3 PC didn't have an optical drive. As a matter of fact, my last 2 case can't even accommodate one.

If I get it on Steam I don't see why it'd be needed, but it's a strange thing that they even wrote that.

Console players can play all the new content to the main story for only $19.99 :/

Episodic series Gladiolus, Prompto, Ignis and more (I hope),  ok charge for that but adding to the main game's story like the last chapter which is really short doesn't look good. 

Edited by Doli

Looks fun. This and monster hunter seem like good things. Granted I thought Tales were good and got bored of them in an hour of gameplay.