• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Can we please have the ignore feature back?

spy beef    762

I need to ignore people who disagree with me. Please bring this back!

• Like 3

Circaflex    3,505
1 minute ago, FloatingFatMan said:

A poor decision IMO, especially as there was no warning about it.  I'd be interested in the reasoning behind that...

• Like 1

SnoopZ    213

We shouldn't have to be a subscriber to get this feature back, think it is terrible move in my opinion and will drive people away.

• Like 2

FloatingFatMan    17,386
39 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

Not really a reason in there, just Steven saying it's disabled and to "deal with it"; a somewhat blasé attitude that isn't going to impress members...

In what way does having certain posters on ignore cause problems for the site, especially as mods have been telling us for years to use it when faced with people we don't want to interact with?

• Like 7

Circaflex    3,505
23 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Not really a reason in there, just Steven saying it's disabled and to "deal with it"; a somewhat blasé attitude that isn't going to impress members...

In what way does having certain posters on ignore cause problems for the site, especially as mods have been telling us for years to use it when faced with people we don't want to interact with?

I asked that very question, yet to hear back. @Steven P. has also taken the passive aggressive pathway and seems to be calling his forum userbase snowflakes because of that thread. Seems like a professional way of handling things...

• Like 2

FloatingFatMan    17,386
2 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

I asked that very question, yet to hear back. @Steven P. has also taken the passive aggressive pathway and seems to be calling his forum userbase snowflakes because of that thread. Seems like a professional way of handling things...

I have to admit to feeling somewhat disappointed about that, and also wondering of Steve is OK or having a really bad week...  Maybe he needs a good party. :) 

• Like 2

techbeck    6,686
1 hour ago, FloatingFatMan said:

It is? I didn't see a mod of developer confirming this... Could we have a clarification please?

Well, after I posted that I saw that it was disabled and may be only brought back for subscribers.  Why a feature that was available for all is not going to be sub only now, no clue.

• Like 1

Danielx64    596
8 hours ago, Steven P. said:

I will look into enabling this for subscribers after lunch.

Thank you :)

2 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

I have to admit to feeling somewhat disappointed about that, and also wondering of Steve is OK or having a really bad week...  Maybe he needs a good party. :) 

Yeah, I wonder if he just burnt out or something, I don't know.

Circaflex    3,505

I am curious @Steven P. why would you disable this feature for non subs? Are you guys really that desperate to cover running costs?

• Like 1

Steven P.    12,594

It isn't possible to enable it for certain groups.

Danielx64    596
2 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

It isn't possible to enable it for certain groups.

That's a shame, so the feature that the lower ranks tells us to use won't be coming back?

• Like 1

Steven P.    12,594

Currently no, so this thread has been asked and answered.