• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Can we please have the ignore feature back?

Recommended Posts

spy beef    762

I need to ignore people who disagree with me. Please bring this back!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Circaflex    3,505
1 minute ago, FloatingFatMan said:

A poor decision IMO, especially as there was no warning about it.  I'd be interested in the reasoning behind that...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SnoopZ    213

We shouldn't have to be a subscriber to get this feature back, think it is terrible move in my opinion and will drive people away.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FloatingFatMan    17,386
39 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

 

Not really a reason in there, just Steven saying it's disabled and to "deal with it"; a somewhat blasé attitude that isn't going to impress members...

 

In what way does having certain posters on ignore cause problems for the site, especially as mods have been telling us for years to use it when faced with people we don't want to interact with?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Circaflex    3,505
23 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Not really a reason in there, just Steven saying it's disabled and to "deal with it"; a somewhat blasé attitude that isn't going to impress members...

 

In what way does having certain posters on ignore cause problems for the site, especially as mods have been telling us for years to use it when faced with people we don't want to interact with?

I asked that very question, yet to hear back. @Steven P. has also taken the passive aggressive pathway and seems to be calling his forum userbase snowflakes because of that thread. Seems like a professional way of handling things...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FloatingFatMan    17,386
2 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

I asked that very question, yet to hear back. @Steven P. has also taken the passive aggressive pathway and seems to be calling his forum userbase snowflakes because of that thread. Seems like a professional way of handling things...

I have to admit to feeling somewhat disappointed about that, and also wondering of Steve is OK or having a really bad week...  Maybe he needs a good party. :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck    6,686
1 hour ago, FloatingFatMan said:

It is? I didn't see a mod of developer confirming this... Could we have a clarification please?

Well, after I posted that I saw that it was disabled and may be only brought back for subscribers.  Why a feature that was available for all is not going to be sub only now, no clue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danielx64    596
8 hours ago, Steven P. said:

I will look into enabling this for subscribers after lunch.

Thank you :)

2 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

I have to admit to feeling somewhat disappointed about that, and also wondering of Steve is OK or having a really bad week...  Maybe he needs a good party. :) 

Yeah, I wonder if he just burnt out or something, I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Circaflex    3,505

I am curious @Steven P. why would you disable this feature for non subs? Are you guys really that desperate to cover running costs?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steven P.    12,594

It isn't possible to enable it for certain groups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danielx64    596
2 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

It isn't possible to enable it for certain groups.

That's a shame, so the feature that the lower ranks tells us to use won't be coming back?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steven P.    12,594

Currently no, so this thread has been asked and answered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.