[Bug] Private Messages

5 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

That is how it works on IPB 4.2.7 on their site currently, I think it only goes to the latest message if its unread though otherwise it starts at the top regardless of that string. I have not had a pm for a while to check though.

On whatever version Neowin is using, it always takes you to the latest reply when adding that string to the end of the URL.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

On whatever version Neowin is using, it always takes you to the latest reply when adding that string to the end of the URL.

We're also on v4.2.7 (Y)

The link to go to the latest private message works from here (selecting any PM) but not from the dropdown menu in our header, and also not from the Default IPB theme dropdown menu, so if they are taking you to the latest PM on their website, they modified it that way, but it isn't the default behavior.

4 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

The link to go to the latest private message works from here (selecting any PM) but not from the dropdown menu in our header, 

I just tried, it went straight to page one on my pm with limemaster (he had commented so the headline was bold compared to an inactive pm.

The second part of your comment, about it being a mod on their site, ok, (I'll admit I know very little regarding invasion's code) but up until a few days ago, it worked here as well, I am wondering if something was accidentally broken when the ignore features were modified?

1 minute ago, The Evil Overlord said:

I just tried, it went straight to page one on my pm with limemaster (he had commented so the headline was bold compared to an inactive pm

Edit

I can confirm this, but I suspect it is because the PM's are being loaded through AJAX? We disabled AJAX for topics, because the same sort of thing was happening there too but I will have to look if there is an option to do it there.

1 minute ago, Steven P. said:

I can confirm this, but I suspect it is because the PM's are being loaded through AJAX? We disabled AJAX for topics, because the same sort of thing was happening there too but I will have to look if there is an option to do it there.

Oh if that's the case, feel free to disregard the edit in my previous comment, (It came to me after I got post, and had to add 'edit' because I thought it wiser to add it there)

13 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

The link to go to the latest private message works from here (selecting any PM) but not from the dropdown menu in our header, and also not from the Default IPB theme dropdown menu, so if they are taking you to the latest PM on their website, they modified it that way, but it isn't the default behavior.

It works from the Messages page because the links all use the ?latest=1 string.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LimeMaster said:

It works from the Messages page because the links all use the ?latest=1 string.

Yes I am trying to find where it isn't added for the PM dropdown.

Edit: Fixed ;) (plstoconfirm)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Yes I am trying to find where it isn't added for the PM dropdown.

Edit: Fixed ;) (plstoconfirm)

Bravo!!! Thanks for fixing it despite that I was not affected. Appreciated!

Thanks everyone.. @LimeMaster , @The Evil Overlord & @Draconian Guppy and any other as well.

• Like 3