Cities:Skylines - Comedy at its finest

I haven't had the attention span to focus enough on a sim game for a while now. Where's meh adderall. I've played it for like 30 minutes at a time 30 times, just can't get in.

8 hours ago, The Evil Overlord said:

I never did get into that game, I got bored when my cities just decayed, and the land didn't get used.

That didn't happen in my case.  I am hooked in a big way with Skylines.  I think what helped me get started was watching Youtubers like Strictoaster, BdoubleO100 (Bdub) and LuetinGaming build. I was hooked after that. The tools and mods have improved since launch and continue to get better. I'm not bad at building cities now although vehicle traffic  continue to be  its own challenge.  I'm still learning as the game continues to get better.  The City of LakeDale is my latest build. Sort of French, sort of not. Overall good stuff.

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Judith Miller said:

fun game. sometimes not clear what drives the progress.

Sometimes its like that but what I've figured out is tax revenue is the goal .  Get more people in from industry or offices, they pay taxes and they in turn want access to services like hospitals, fire/police, death services. Parks and recreation helps too. I can help with questions if you need help.

• Like 1