I ordered a new Microsoft mouse and keyboard (with fingerprint id)

At work I use a Logitech K750 KB.  Solar power so no need to replace batteries.  For a mouse, I use the Logitech Marathon mouse.  Have to change the batteries like once or twice a year.  I use rechargeable batteries so no big deal.  Used 8+ hrs a day.  Works great.

71iPmEOopwL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by techbeck

35 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Here's a shot of my current set, yes the charging cable off to the back there is used often :p

20180128_103719.jpg

heheh i wonder how many of us have such a setup :) I have 2 cables set like that,  I do exactly the same for my charging cable for my Xbox one controller in windows which also doubles to charge my android phone, and a lightning cable for my work iphone 6s, the joy of being on call 24/7 

loving the retro Duke Nukem mouse mat :D

"Wanna dance!" 

or my fav ofc from the duke

"I dont have time....to play with myself" 

To think, there are some who wont even know who the F Duke is! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steven P. said:

@Mando The mat comes from an EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Duke Nukem Edition I bought back in 2011 :p 

I used a Battlezone mousemat for years, once i moved to optical i went to an Everglide Giganta mouse surface, still using it today about 12 or 13yrs later.

giganta.thumb.JPG.8b925c6f7d2c4914ccd2cc8798d55ded.JPG

Keep meaning to replace it, but never get round to it, same with my mouse bungee, only recently retired it due to the razer keyboard having the USB port on it for the mouse.

51we4O54EGL._SL1024_.thumb.jpg.bf9190a16cab9bbe685418a24f512d34.jpg

On 1/28/2018 at 10:45 AM, Mirumir said:

Corsair, all the way.

yep their keyboards & mice are good, they dont do a left hand gaming mouse though, hence personally going Razer, everything else on my sig rig is Corsair where applicable, Ram included.

14 minutes ago, Mando said:

yep their keyboards & mice are good, they dont do a left hand gaming mouse though, hence personally going Razer, everything else on my sig rig is Corsair where applicable, Ram included.

I just replaced my Corsair M65 with a DeathAdder Elite because my middle mouse button has been playing up for the past few months (known issue). My keyboard is a Corsair K70. It's okay but I played with the Razer BlackWidow the other day and wow, it felt really good. Razer has really stepped up their game in terms of quality and I'm contemplating on changing my keyboard and giving my Corsair to my dad. I remember owning the first generation Mamba and Lycosa and those products were bad. After 6 months or so I ended up using the Mamba as a wired mouse because the wireless receiver failed. I don't remember having a good experience with the keyboard and I ended up purchasing a Logitech G25 which was another poor mistake.

Before all that, I had a wireless Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse (Desktop 1000) and that was a great piece of kit. Battery life was amazing and it was comfortable to use. I'd probably rate it second to my current set up.

I assume you are using this for home? Why do you need a fingerprint scanner?

Personally, I can't go back from a mechanical keyboard. This Microsoft model does not look fun to type on at all.

5 minutes ago, oldtimefighter said:

I assume you are using this for home? Why do you need a fingerprint scanner?

Personally, I can't go back from a mechanical keyboard. This Microsoft model does not look fun to type on at all.

You are right, it is taking some getting used to as is the mouse. The logitech mouse is the most comfortable I have ever had heheh but the battery in it sucks!

6 hours ago, Billus said:

I just replaced my Corsair M65 with a DeathAdder Elite because my middle mouse button has been playing up for the past few months (known issue). My keyboard is a Corsair K70. It's okay but I played with the Razer BlackWidow the other day and wow, it felt really good. Razer has really stepped up their game in terms of quality and I'm contemplating on changing my keyboard and giving my Corsair to my dad. I remember owning the first generation Mamba and Lycosa and those products were bad. After 6 months or so I ended up using the Mamba as a wired mouse because the wireless receiver failed. I don't remember having a good experience with the keyboard and I ended up purchasing a Logitech G25 which was another poor mistake.

Before all that, I had a wireless Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse (Desktop 1000) and that was a great piece of kit. Battery life was amazing and it was comfortable to use. I'd probably rate it second to my current set up.

I love my chroma v2 if im brutally honest, is it worth £160 retail though, hell no. :)

On 27/01/2018 at 11:21 AM, BudMan said:

I have both wireless keyboard and mouse at home and work.. Logitech K520... and M310 here at the house.. Have to check the combo at work pretty sure its microsoft combo.. I had bought it myself combo was like 20$ or something.. I think I have changed the batteries in the mice like once.. I don't recall ever changing the batteries in over a year on the keyboards..

I am on mine constantly at work for sure.. And home... I am on it multiple multiple hours a day.. Not sure what the comments are about changing batteries - if your having to change a battery once a week something is wrong.. Or that system is broken..

Yep we issue the Ms wireless ones at work, they do seem very power efficient, and for the cost, they cant be beaten. Only downside is the lettering on the keyboards start to wear off pretty quickly with some touch typists. Usually the ASD keys.

weve started replacing them with a Dell wireless combo with chiclet style keys, myself included, but its not that great for picking up my quick touch typing, going to go back to wired tbh. Id go mechanical like i am at home, but my office is small and theres 4 of us there, the clackety clack clack as I type all day would drive them to distraction. :p mmm not a bad idea, bunch of grumpy old duffers :p

24 minutes ago, Mando said:

Only downside is the lettering on the keyboards start to wear off pretty quickly with some touch typists. Usually the ASD keys.

Yeah Most of my letters are gone ;)  But touch typist so really doesn't matter... Q and W, GH RTYU can be seen still...   The Keyboard is 800 and mouse says 1000 on it..

13 hours ago, BudMan said:

Yeah Most of my letters are gone ;)  But touch typist so really doesn't matter... Q and W, GH RTYU can be seen still...   The Keyboard is 800 and mouse says 1000 on it..

ive no idea why they do it, thought for a while maybe its the acid in some staffers oil on their skin, but im leaning towards they are just crappily made transfers on the keys.

ive also had a spate of the usb dongles not being recognised, once that happens your SOL on that machine, doesnt help they are paired with the dongle at the factory so if the dongle fails, skip the lot. A small price to pay for the AES pairing.

55 minutes ago, Mando said:

ive no idea why they do it, thought for a while maybe its the acid in some staffers oil on their skin, but im leaning towards they are just crappily made transfers on the keys.

ive also had a spate of the usb dongles not being recognised, once that happens your SOL on that machine, doesnt help they are paired with the dongle at the factory so if the dongle fails, skip the lot. A small price to pay for the AES pairing.

It's definitely the type of coating used on the plastic, because it seems to wear off with repeated use, I remember this from my older 3000 MS keyboard.

I pretty much always had Logitech keyboards and mice. I want to have a US-International keyboard layout and Logitech is one of the few brands that allows me to chose a keyboard layout when I purchase through their website. Otherwise I am stuck with a german one.

I now use:

G900 mouse

G910 keyboard

For the HTPC in the living room I have a TK820 (wireless with built-in mousepad)

At work I use the K750 solar keyboard, also formerly from home.

On 1/27/2018 at 5:56 AM, Danielx64 said:

I used to have wireless keyboard/mouse but got fed up with changing the batteries so I went back to wired ones. I'm using Cooler Master Devastator 3 keyboard/mouse combo and I am very happy with it.

Use nothing but hard wired devices here. Can't stand the extra weight of batteries in my mouse. The 1 time I did use wireless stuff, seemed like the batteries would be dead just about the time I really needed to use them and didn't have batteries laying around! :(

Have no use for finger print readers either although I can definitely see how they could be valuable, if you live or work around kleptomaniacs!! :shiftyninja: